Thread: Colt SCW Sub-Compact Weapon at Arms Unlimited?

Feedback Score

Colt SCW Sub-Compact Weapon at Arms Unlimited?

I was looking at Arms Unlimited and noticed that they added the Colt SCW Sub-Compact Weapon folding stock assembly kit to their offerings.
    https://armsunlimited.com/firearms/?...rand=67&page=1

I then noticed that they're now also offering a Colt SCW Sub-Compact Weapon 5.56mm Semi-Auto 10.3" Barrel CQB Rifle.
    https://armsunlimited.com/colt-scw-s...rel-cqb-rifle/
    The SCW0921 sku number matches Colt's sku number. However, there are a few things that don't seem right. First, there is no bayo lug. Second, the flash hider doesn't match what's shown on Colt's website. Third, receiver isn't marked SCW Carbine like in the picture shown on the rtgparts.com website.

Am I correct in thinking that these were pieced together after they left the factory? Arms Unlimited does get some unique stuff from Colt, but they once sold me a pieced together LE901-16SE. The only way I found out was that it wouldn't fire, so I called Colt and they told me that the receiver left the factory as a spare part. Arms Unlimited did take it back, but I'm now pretty suspicious of them.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/col...act-weapon-scw

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I was looking at Arms Unlimited and noticed that they added the Colt SCW Sub-Compact Weapon folding stock assembly kit to their offerings.
    https://armsunlimited.com/firearms/?...rand=67&page=1

I then noticed that they're now also offering a Colt SCW Sub-Compact Weapon 5.56mm Semi-Auto 10.3" Barrel CQB Rifle.
    https://armsunlimited.com/colt-scw-s...rel-cqb-rifle/
    The SCW0921 sku number matches Colt's sku number. However, there are a few things that don't seem right. First, there is no bayo lug. Second, the flash hider doesn't match what's shown on Colt's website. Third, receiver isn't marked SCW Carbine like in the picture shown on the rtgparts.com website.

Am I correct in thinking that these were pieced together after they left the factory? Arms Unlimited does get some unique stuff from Colt, but they once sold me a pieced together LE901-16SE. The only way I found out was that it wouldn't fire, so I called Colt and they told me that the receiver left the factory as a spare part. Arms Unlimited did take it back, but I'm now pretty suspicious of them.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/col...act-weapon-scw
    You asked if you were correct? Your are incorrect. These are from colt. I just got one. It’s the real deal. The beyond lug has been long gone from the monolithic guns. AI is selling these. Came from colt.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    That's awesome. Did you get the M4 or the M5 version? How about some pictures of the rifle and the label on the box? Who is AI?
    Last edited by Bret; 06-02-23 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    That's awesome. Did you get the M4 or the M5 version? How about some pictures of the rifle and the label on the box? Who is AI?
    I’m sorry but I tried to post pics but it says it’s to big.. I got the M4 version with monolithic. AI is Arms unlimited. I meant AU. I’m a dumb shit and put AI. 🤣
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    What's the model number that's listed on the box? Is the end plate staked? Is the receiver marked SCW Carbine? Is the receiver marked 5.56 or is the cartridge designation missing?

Feedback Score
    indianalex01, Is there any way that you can post a picture of the label on the end of your box? The reason I ask is that I called Arms Unlimited. The lady I spoke with asked her manager who told her that Arms Unlimited gets the parts from Colt and puts them together themselves. This contradicts what you're saying. The box label will of course clarify things because it will have the sku and other information on it. I can PM you my email address for the picture if that works better for you. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    indianalex01, Is there any way that you can post a picture of the label on the end of your box? The reason I ask is that I called Arms Unlimited. The lady I spoke with asked her manager who told her that Arms Unlimited gets the parts from Colt and puts them together themselves. This contradicts what you're saying. The box label will of course clarify things because it will have the sku and other information on it. I can PM you my email address for the picture if that works better for you. Thanks in advance.
    My box does not say SCW on it. It’s an SBR 6945 on the box. So you are probably right.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    My bet is that they took an LE6945 and then put a SCW stock kit on it, thereby making a SCW. Based on their prices, you saved $203 versus buying them separately, but they kept the original bolt and a few other parts. I think this is one of those opportunities that's here for a while and then gone forever. Since I already have a LE6945, I just bought the SCW stock kit and will put it on myself.

They offer the same SCW kit on a M5, but so far as I can tell that was never a real offering from Colt. Colt does offer the 10.3" M5 with a different SCW kit, but I've never seen that one available.
    Last edited by Bret; 06-19-23 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    My bet is that they took an LE6945 and then put a SCW stock kit on it, thereby making a SCW. Based on their prices, you saved $203 versus buying them separately, but they kept the original bolt and a few other parts. I think this is one of those opportunities that's here for a while and then gone forever. Since I already have a LE6945, I just bought the SCW stock kit and will put it on myself.
    backrooms
    They offer the same SCW kit on a M5, but so far as I can tell that was never a real offering from Colt. Colt does offer the 10.3" M5 with a different SCW kit, but I've never seen that one available.
    I also have a LE6945 available so I just bought the SCW kit and installed it myself, but it took forever to get it done