Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: 16" Build

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    There's a saying around here: 2 is 1, and 1 is none. You'll have essentially 2 of the same rifle, but that is not a bad thing at all. Go shoot the crap out it and have fun.

    If you decide you don't want the 2nd barrel, you'll have no trouble selling it. Heck, I might even pick it from you.
    I think I will take your advice on shooting it a lot. I am going to hold onto the other barrel.
    Last edited by e z money; 06-05-23 at 20:11.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,778
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Be sure to keep us updated on how it shoots. Don't know if you're someone who shoots for groups, but I'd definitely be interested to see groups.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Be sure to keep us updated on how it shoots. Don't know if you're someone who shoots for groups, but I'd definitely be interested to see groups.
    I will shoot it at 100 yards to see how it groups but after 21 years in the army, I'm more impressed at how it shoots man sized silhouette targets at 300 meters.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,778
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I will shoot it at 100 yards to see how it groups but after 21 years in the army, I'm more impressed at how it shoots man sized silhouette targets at 300 meters.
    I'm sure you'll be happy with both. It'll probably take a few rounds before you see your best groups, as the barrel breaks in.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,319
    Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    Thanks for the info…………
    I learned a lot from this build. Even though I haven’t shot it yet, I discovered that I like Geissele rails, Daniel Defense barrels with pinned gas blocks, and LMT receivers, bcg, buffer tube, buffer, and spring, Schmid trigger………
    Quality parts? Yes.
    “Learned a lot from build”? Probably.

    Until you Shoot the gun, you have no way of knowing.
    Your comment of “………tighten the Muzzle device another full turn…” was alarming. With enough torque, even a crush washer can ring a barrel.

    I always shoot a build for function and “accuracy/precision” with ammo it will use.
    This tells me how successful my parts selection and build quality were.
    Last edited by gaijin; 06-06-23 at 05:59.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    111
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Quality parts? Yes.
    “Learned a lot from build”? Probably.

    Until you Shoot the gun, you have no way of knowing.
    Your comment of “………tighten the Muzzle device another full turn…” was alarming. With enough torque, even a crush washer can ring a barrel.

    I always shoot a build for function and “accuracy/precision” with ammo it will use.
    This tells me how successful my parts selection and build quality were.
    I was a tank mechanic in the Army and a millwright in the civilian world. I've built machinery in power plants, glass plants, food processing plants, tire factories, etc. I used to build robots for Pfizer. I think that I got a pretty good idea of what quality parts look like after doing research and assembly, so I do have a way of knowing. But you are right about not knowing for sure, I could have got a bad barrel or something. And the flash hider, I only tightened half a turn because I didn't want to over tighten it. It's good.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6,400
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you ever want to order roll pins try the Spirol brand. You can order bulk from McMaster Carr or anything from a few to a lot on eBay.

    Would link you to the Iraqgunz post recommending them complete with part numbers, but having trouble tracking it down.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,548
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    If you ever want to order roll pins try the Spirol brand. You can order bulk from McMaster Carr or anything from a few to a lot on eBay.
    I bought these. Any reason I should think they are inferior to Spirol, if not Spirol themselves?

    https://bkingsfirearms.com/?s=coiled...t_type=product

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    6,400
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I bought these. Any reason I should think they are inferior to Spirol, if not Spirol themselves?

    https://bkingsfirearms.com/?s=coiled...t_type=product
    Those appear to be made the same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •