Thread: Primary Arms SLx 1-6X Gen IV

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Primary Arms SLx 1-6X Gen IV

These are going 'round the hype circuit as the latest greatest budget LPVO, especially the Nova version. The weight, price, and features do seem appealing. Any first-hand experience here?
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    I think I have the Gen3 1-6x SFP ACSS, and it's honestly stayed around moving from rifle to rifle because it's just good and cheap enough to do the job fairly well, although as time goes on you're probably going to want something more. I bought this 6 or so years ago when I originally was going to buy a Nikon Black 1-6x but then Nikon stopped producing scopes. It was my intro to LPVOs and it does pretty decent on 1x and pretty decent on 6x, since then I've got 3 more LPVOs but only have 2 currently, the GEN3 PA 1-6x and a Vortex Razor 1-10x on my AR10/308. I haven't had any first hand experience with the Gen 4, but I had a need and for only $340 that seems like a really decent option for not a whole lot of cost.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My friend just got the nova, but hasn’t got to the range yet. Around the house he says it’s very impressive for the price. Very clear and bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not looking good in a sample-of-one drop test. I should probably keep saving for a P4Xi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe6f__8Y1y0&t=782s

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a couple of silver (got them super cheap bc color) 1-6’s and was very impressed for a very cheap LPVO. I have also seen the Sig 1-6 with nice mount in $300 range with pretty damn nice glass. It gets old spending a small fortune on glass for every one off build.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I bought a couple of silver (got them super cheap bc color) 1-6’s and was very impressed for a very cheap LPVO.
    Generation Three?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    It’s was a few years ago so, no idea but I doubt it. Still I liked them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another strike against the SLx Gen IV: in middle magnification the image blurs if your eye is not right in the center. I would find that very annoying.

https://youtu.be/Ru8sswscYxQ?t=326