Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non-Citizens To Soon Have Arrest Powers As Police Officers In Illinois

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Non-Citizens To Soon Have Arrest Powers As Police Officers In Illinois

Came across this article this morning. Does anyone here know of any other State that already have this in place or are considering it?

"House Bill 3571 passed both Houses this past week with Senate Floor Amendment 1."

"SA1 permits counties and municipalities to hire non-citizens as deputy sheriffs and police officers in the same manner as hiring U.S. citizens, as long as they are: “legally authorized under federal law to work in the United States and is authorized under federal law to obtain, carry, or purchase or otherwise possess a firearm, or who is an individual against whom immigration action has been deferred by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services under the federal Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process and is authorized under federal law to obtain, carry, or purchase or otherwise possess a firearm”

What this means in Illinois, is that you may soon see non-US citizens wearing police badges, with arrest powers over US citizens. Senator Rose spoke against its passage, suggesting it would violate the United States Constitution."

Link to article. https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/202...s-in-illinois/

Feedback Score
    About a decade ago noncitizen veterans in Tennessee became eligible for local and state law enforcement positions.

Feedback Score
    The real question is will the Prosecutors actually prosecute these cases of civilian arrest
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    In case you needed one more reason not to visit Chicago!!!

The law conflates two very different groups though. Legal immigrants who hold work permits are in one category, and "Dreamers" and other illegals should be in a completely different category. Seems like both groups are authorized by this law.

Feedback Score
    Why not just ask the UN to occupy the USA?

It would not be a good thing if I had contact with a non USA citizen police officer, I would not accept a ticket, nor arrest.

Just one more step in the Marxist revolution.

So wait a second I would support ATF hiring African or Latino cops to process NFA items, send in the application minus $200 for the ATF, but $100 to go to the head of the line
    Last edited by yoni; 06-05-23 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I seem to remember this not working out to well after reconstruction but, I'm from Bell County Texas.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but at the time, by his standard it was. Intresting watch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, non-citizen just means they are not a US citizen… there is a few differences between them.

There are US nationals, who are not US citizens… people born in an outlying possession of the US. I’m sure those numbers are low in the hiring pool. For the years I’ve worked, and amount of people I’ve interacted with… I’ve yet to see a US national traveling.

Legal permanent residents (green card holders) are also non-citizens. LPRs have made the US their home, pay taxes and have almost all of the same rights as US citizens minus voting and some benefits that are only for US citizens (scholarships, for example). They are still citizens of their original country and hold that passport, but have the same right to enter/be in the US as a US citizen. Probably much more common than the others mentioned, in regards to the subject.

For other non-immigrant classifications… many do allow for residence in the US, but most are either dependent on another person (parent is a TN and other parent/kids are TD) or sort of bound to that job. I can’t think of a visa classification that would allow someone to be admitted to the US just to become a LEO. Students (Fs or Js) can get employment authorization, but there would have to be more paperwork done to get a student here as a LEO (USCIS is a different agency, so I don’t know if it’s even possible). While there are some non-immigrants that may work out, I’d put it definitely not as common as an LPR.

I noticed DACA mention, but personally… I am not that familiar with the program. They aren’t supposed to leave the US, so unless we have someone show up due to a wrong turn, it isn’t likely I’d deal with one. From what I read, they are supposed to not have any criminal history. If the background investigation uncovers something that would strike their deferment… I’d hope there isn’t a clause that would protect the applicant from the agency forwarding the info to USCIS. Also might deter people in that program from even applying.

I did do a little looking… DACA looks to be in the 700,000 person range. LPRs… 13 million. I tried to see how many employment authorization cards are out there… but couldn’t find any data. Figured it would give some perspective.

While it seems to be a BS amendment, if there was a reason behind it that is legitimate… like a LPR not being allowed to join LE, I have zero issue with it. The DACA part could have likely not have been in it originally, but some Democrat might have wanted some votes. If it’s a fast card to get certain “applicants” that the politicians want… then I’m against it.

Feedback Score
    My first post was my first reaction to this.

But now my belly is full and my brain has chewed on on, this has the potential to be really really bad.

USSR would play a game problems in Ukraine, Poland etc, you send in troops from the Stans. So you had asian troops that didn't give a damn about Europeans, so they would put the problem down with no emotions and the max amount of violence. Of course the reverse was also true.

So if the marxist government recruited current serving "police" from Africa and brought them to the USA, to put down the patriots, how much mercy would they show?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

So if the marxist government recruited current serving "police" from Africa and brought them to the USA, to put down the patriots, how much mercy would they show?
    About as much mercy as they would receive.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    100% against it because it is about as bad an idea as there can be. We already have actual US citizen LEOs that don't seem to understand the US Constitution and more importantly the Bill of Rights. This is a 'hunting polar bears with spitwads' level bad idea.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast