Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you were only allowed to keep one

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    DD then BCM

Feedback Score

If you were only allowed to keep one

The responses are what I thought they would be. DD and BCM top the list.

I would probably keep the DD the BCM as well. The Lantac is a flat shooting rifle with zero recoil but the muzzle break is loud with a lot of flash. If I could cut the current brake off and put one on that has a can adapter with a can that would be my first choice. Being left handed the LWRC with the complete ambi lower and the CHF barrel are hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by markmiela; 06-08-23 at 06:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markmiela View Post
    The responses are what I thought they would be. DD and BCM top the list.

I would probably keep the DD the BCM as well. The Lantac is a flat shooting rifle with zero recoil but the muzzle break is loud with a lot of flash. If I could cut the current brake off and put one on that has a can adapter with a can that would be my first choice. Being left handed the LWRC with the complete ambi lower and the CHF barrel are hard to beat.

Put the dd (which also has a chf barrel) upper on the lwrc lower.
    What will you be doing more of, 300yds an in or 300yards and further?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-08-23 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Put the dd (which also has a chf barrel) upper on the lwrc lower.
    What will you be doing more of, 300yds an in or 300yards and further?
    300 and in. Range only has 200 for public use.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    T2 if you ever plan to get into NV.

Otherwise 1-6 lpvo.

Gun I’d pick would be the DD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markmiela View Post
    300 and in. Range only has 200 for public use.

Id recommend the DD w/t2. I dont see anything the lpvo does better at those ranges, but there are things the rds provide over the lpvo.

Feedback Score
    Funny I have two of the setups you listed. The LWRCi has one of the best ambi lowers on the market. It's underrated. But I don't find having an ambi lower as being the deciding criteria for a duty rifle. After all you can set a non ambi lower up to have everything ambi except maybe the bolt release.

I LOVE my T2 with Aimpoint 3x behind it. I have it on a BCM build in 11.5. I also have two other builds with the Credo on it and prefer the RDS set up over them.

I don't like DD. Never have. Never will. Just personal preference.

I think for a do it all rifle the BCM is the one I would keep. I might update the mag to a 5x however.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll say that I have near identical twin setups in 11.5" and 16" barrels with LVPOs and RDSs on each pair. I certainly prefer the lighter and faster RDS rifles, be it 11.5" or 16" when shooting within 100 yards (which is 95%+ of what I do), but at longer distances and more precisely aimed fire the LVPOs come into their own big time. I can also envision scenarios inside of 100 yards where an LVPO is preferable, such as when presented with a smaller target.

Remember the video of the cop who had to engage a guy holding a kid hostage? He got out his patrol car, dialed up his magnification and dropped the guy like a sack of potatoes. There is really not much doubt that the LVPO is a more versatile setup. But it comes with certain compromises intrinsic to its design. It is what it is. Not as fast as an RDS up close, but not that far off either. Not as reliable as an RDS, but close enough for the vast majority of scenarios.

If I could only have one, I'd be hard pressed to pick between the two setups. But as the OP was asking for what would make the best "general" use rifle, I recommended the LVPO. To be fair, I think this depends to a degree on AO, but even in an urban environment an LVPO holds advantages in target ID and making hits on targets mostly occluded by cover.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    If I could only have one, I'd be hard pressed to pick between the two setups. But as the OP was asking for what would make the best "general" use rifle, I recommended the LVPO. To be fair, I think this depends to a degree on AO, but even in an urban environment an LVPO holds advantages in target ID and making hits on targets mostly occluded by cover.
    I guess it depends on WHICH lpvo, right? 1-4 Credo vs G33/T2 setup the OP listed I think I still would go RDS. Having both I find I don't give up all that much with the loss of 1x on max mag with the RDS. However. If you would tell me I could have an NX6 instead of the RDS/ MAG setup? Buh bye RDS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I guess it depends on WHICH lpvo, right? 1-4 Credo vs G33/T2 setup the OP listed I think I still would go RDS. Having both I find I don't give up all that much with the loss of 1x on max mag with the RDS. However. If you would tell me I could have an NX6 instead of the RDS/ MAG setup? Buh bye RDS.
    Fair point. In my case, the answer would be 5x and above.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast