Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speer 62 grain Gold Dot Component Bullet

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, Speer maybe overly optimistic with it's G1 BC for the 62 grain Gold Dot. But just looking at it and the Nosler 64 gr Bonded side by side you don't have to be a ballistics expert to see at least a 0.050 in crease in G1 BC just by the shapes alone.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BobinNC; 06-14-23 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We got the point after the third attachment. lol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Egad's I never knew so many had posted. I thought there was something wrong when the pictures didn't show right up.

Sorry....

Feedback Score
    Regarding the 64 Grain Bonded from Shooters Pro shop, these are blems. I bought a bunch.
    Recently I fired some of my blem reloads and some Nosler 64 Grain Bonded loaded ammo from the same BMC 16" rifle.
    Perhaps it was my reload recipe, but the group size at 100 yards was 2-3x larger than the Nosler ammo. That said, these are definitely not target rounds and even the Nosler ammo group size was 2+/- inches.
    I always took the "blem" label as being something cosmetic, but now I wonder? Unless I learn different, the blems will be plinker bullets for me.
    Thanks to BobinNC for the headsup on the Gold Dots. I ordered some from Midway.
    Last edited by LDM; 06-15-23 at 06:27. Reason: speliing

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    I always took the "blem" label as being something cosmetic, but now I wonder?
    Yeah I've gotten all kinds of stuff on blem buys. Mixed cannalure/no cannalure, some smashed bullets, some discoloration, etc. As long as as the price is cheap, I'll shoot them.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    Regarding the 64 Grain Bonded from Shooters Pro shop, these are blems. I bought a bunch.
    Recently I fired some of my blem reloads and some Nosler 64 Grain Bonded loaded ammo from the same BMC 16" rifle.
    Perhaps it was my reload recipe, but the group size at 100 yards was 2-3x larger than the Nosler ammo. That said, these are definitely not target rounds and even the Nosler ammo group size was 2+/- inches.
    I always took the "blem" label as being something cosmetic, but now I wonder? Unless I learn differently, the blems will be plinker bullets for me.
    Thanks to BobinNC for the heads-up on the Gold Dots. I ordered some from Midway.
    LOL, yea I kind of chuckled at all the pic/attachments, gotta love the PC! Yea I bought my blems years ago and just stashed them, I guess I should grab them out and look at them. I have been buying blems for years & my buddies always busted my balls about them until they tried them & they flew just as good as 1st run bullets. We always used the 30 Cal 168/175 match bullets but then in fairness, we were only shooting out to 600 yards, maybe farther they would mess up. Anyways my purpose for the Nosler's is SD and stash ammo for who knows what but I do need to dig them out and work up a load with them. With the Speer out there, I should buy some of those I guess just for comparison, Midway USA has Free shipping right now. LOL & yea the Nosler's look like dump trucks compared to the Speer GDs! I'll figure something out and get back with a report.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12