Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward Control Design Parts and Tools

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Forward Control Design Parts and Tools

I made a couple updates to my LE6933. Decided to use Vltor A5 extension, along with FCD CN5F castle nut (For use with the A5) and the ESF-H1 QD end plate. Also purchased their Joint Castle Nut wrench, easily one of the best tool purchases I’ve ever made. I gotta say, FCD makes some solid parts. I’m not sure what magic they’re using to get their tolerances as tight as they do, but BRAVO FCD!

In the future, I will be buying my parts from this company.

Edited to add: Got out to the range yesterday to zero a couple of rifles. The 6933 functioned flawlessly with the A5. Smoothed out the recoil and piled the brass in a nice neat pile.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 07-04-23 at 08:12.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I gotta say, FCD makes some solid parts. I’m not sure what magic they’re using to get their tolerances as tight as they do, but BRAVO FCD!]
    Roger Wang is an AR super geek.

I've got all the parts/tools you've mention plus a bunch more, I've been a FCD fan from his early days.

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    I made a couple updates to my LE6933. Decided to use Vltor A5 extension, along with FCD CN5F castle nut (For use with the A5) and the ESF-H1 QD end plate. Also purchased their Joint Castle Nut wrench, easily one of the best tool purchases I’ve ever made. I gotta say, FCD makes some solid parts. I’m not sure what magic they’re using to get their tolerances as tight as they do, but BRAVO FCD!
    Not sure what looks better, the staking or paint job. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Roger Wang is an AR super geek.

I've got all the parts/tools you've mention plus a bunch more, I've been a FCD fan from his early days.
    I've got 21 orders directly from them starting in FEB of 2016. Plus I've bought FCD parts at Brownells and PA. I don't want to know how much I've spent total...but several FCD parts on mandatory on ARs for me.
    Last edited by Wake27; 06-16-23 at 19:34.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Edited
    Last edited by davidjinks; 06-17-23 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I appreciate that! A couple years back I made my own staking tool that mimics what Colt uses at their factory. It worked extremely well, but it was a pain in the ass to get the right amount of material in to the stake. I recently switched the Starett center punches and I feel they do a better job.

Rustoleum camo for the paint. Took about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Not sure what looks better, the staking or paint job. Nicely done.

I've got 21 orders directly from them starting in FEB of 2016. Plus I've bought FCD parts at Brownells and PA. I don't want to know how much I've spent total...but several FCD parts on mandatory on ARs for me.

Feedback Score
    Well conceived, well built components and tools. Nice stake job maestro!
    Last edited by Uncas47; 06-16-23 at 21:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you guys for your kind words and support!

Our castle nuts are made on Swiss machines and have class 3 threads. Most of the parts are made by aerospace and medical equipment shops that are ISO 9000 certified. We have certifications from the shops where the shops that source the material (all US material), shops that machine them, heat treat, coat, and laser engrave as well.

Folks think we turn a $0.30 of steel into a $70 products, the clam shells and cards the products are packaged in (sourced from MO) cost about $0.50 alone.

I've been on the board since Grant started it years ago, and have met many of you guys over the years. We're grateful for the support and friendship, thank you guys
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Now that I'm a customer, I think of you guys when I look up on a clear summer night! What made you choose Cygnus?

Very happy with the Scmidt 2 stage trigger of yours I just put in a build. Been shooting and training with that gun alot lately, loving it.

I see more FCD parts in my future.

Also appreciate the sense of humor on the package I received. Said: well trained "weather balloon" shipping monkey. That was a riot!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    What made you choose Cygnus?
    Go listen/watch the Podcast I posted above...his design concept, starting out, business model, the Cygnus thing...tons of information in there.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I knew you were a member here, but I couldn’t remember your user name.

You guys had the Joint Muzzle Device Wrench in stock, I just ordered it about an hour ago. You’ll be getting more business from me in the future.

Question: Can I use the CN5F castle nut with a standard USGI Receiver extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thank you guys for your kind words and support!

Our castle nuts are made on Swiss machines and have class 3 threads. Most of the parts are made by aerospace and medical equipment shops that are ISO 9000 certified. We have certifications from the shops where the shops that source the material (all US material), shops that machine them, heat treat, coat, and laser engrave as well.

Folks think we turn a $0.30 of steel into a $70 products, the clam shells and cards the products are packaged in (sourced from MO) cost about $0.50 alone.

I've been on the board since Grant started it years ago, and have met many of you guys over the years. We're grateful for the support and friendship, thank you guys

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast