Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Forward Control Design Parts and Tools

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    FCD is outstanding stuff. Have a box full of plates waiting to mount optics on pistols, and a variety of gear already in service.
    I don't even have an MOS Glock, every optic cut on my pistols are direct mount, but I still have an FCD RMR MOS plate in my parts bin "just in case" (it was too good a deal to pass up).

A couple things about FCD though my lens...

Once upon a time, my most desired anticipation was his selector. I am left handed, for a lot of years I took the LAV approach, used standard controls and adopted my manual of arms accordingly, but one day decided the grass was going to be greener on the other side and wanted ambi-controls. Having rapped a knuckle and hooked a fingernail on the FA while using my (AXTS at the time) Raptor CH I really appreciated the FCD LDFA. I went though every available ambi-mag release, FCD won hands down and continues to do so, same with bolt releases, but no selector. I settled on a mix of BAD-ASS, BAD-CASS and Radian Talon selectors. I was familiar with Roger's background with Battle Arms and just knew he didn't want to deal with selectors anymore, but knew if he moved on one it was going to be special. Enter the FCD/SOLGW "Quick" aka ASF-50Q...nailed it. No screws to loosen, no springs and detents to crust up and **** up, just heavy bulletproof construction with nothing to choke. The offset levers are genius and avoid contact with trigger finger. I still have a couple a BAD-ASS & Talon selectors in service but I've have convert most of my guns to the Quick and moving forward that is what they'll get.

I really appreciate that FCD continues to honor IG's discount. Will was the one that originally turned me onto FCD and think it is a fitting tribute that Roger still accepts his discount code.

One of these days I'm going to score a OD EPC.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I have been really impressed by Forward Control products. I like the Schmid trigger and I got the castle nut and I found out later is designed for use with Vltor A5. I put it on my LMT carbine buffer tube and it works great. The Magpul MOE SL stock collapses fully. I wanted a castle nut that covered more threads than a standard castle nut and OD green. Their Cerakote finish on the nut and end plate match the color of the Magpul furniture perfect.

Last edited by e z money; 06-17-23 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    That’s good to know about the CN5F castle nut. I like the fact that it covers up more of the threads than the standard castle nut. It’s a solid piece of kit and it is esthetically pleasing to the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by e z money View Post
    I have been really impressed by Forward Control products. I like the Schmid trigger and I got the castle nut and I found out later is designed for use with Vltor A5. I put it on my LMT carbine buffer tube and it works great. The Magpul MOE SL stock collapses fully. I wanted a castle nut that covered more threads than a standard castle nut and OD green. Their Cerakote finish on the nut and end plate match the color of the Magpul furniture perfect.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Looks like I will be purchasing an ambi-safety as well. I like the Schmid ambi with the short lever, but it does get annoying at times when you go to press it off and it snags up on the trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I don't even have an MOS Glock, every optic cut on my pistols are direct mount, but I still have an FCD RMR MOS plate in my parts bin "just in case" (it was too good a deal to pass up).

Once upon a time, my most desired anticipation was his selector. I am left handed, for a lot of years I took the LAV approach, used standard controls and adopted my manual of arms accordingly, but one day decided the grass was going to be greener on the other side and wanted ambi-controls. Having rapped a knuckle and hooked a fingernail on the FA while using my (AXTS at the time) Raptor CH I really appreciated the FCD LDFA. I went though every available ambi-mag release, FCD won hands down and continues to do so, same with bolt releases, but no selector. I settled on a mix of BAD-ASS, BAD-CASS and Radian Talon selectors. I was familiar with Roger's background with Battle Arms and just knew he didn't want to deal with selectors anymore, but knew if he moved on one it was going to be special. Enter the FCD/SOLGW "Quick" aka ASF-50Q...nailed it. No screws to loosen, no springs and detents to crust up and **** up, just heavy bulletproof construction with nothing to choke. The offset levers are genius and avoid contact with trigger finger. I still have a couple a BAD-ASS & Talon selectors in service but I've have convert most of my guns to the Quick and moving forward that is what they'll get.

I really appreciate that FCD continues to honor IG's discount. Will was the one that originally turned me onto FCD and think it is a fitting tribute that Roger still accepts his discount code.

Feedback Score
    I still have the rubber duck Roger gave me some time ago, it sits next to my shave mug. After dealing direct with Roger for years, I now get FCD from Rooftop Defense as they are fellow Arkies and I get free Ramen with every order. Edible swag FTW.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post

LDFA, EMR, and ABC/R are on every single rifle I have (which is a few...). CNF, ASF-50Q, and RBF are on all but maybe one or two. There's other things that are sprinkled on various rifles but all of those go into everything I build from the ground up. I've fought off the temptation of a lower so far, just because I don't want to mix and match ambi vs non-ambi lowers. I assume I'll give in at some point though.

SOB. I just noticed the GBF 0.625. My Badgers have been great but I've been needing some of those.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    First time I ordered from Rooftop, my package came in and when I opened it, there sits on the top a package of Ramen noodles. I laughed my ass off! Not too mention, the return address has Senior Sweatshop listed as the sender.

Edited to add: I just ordered for the first time from Revival Defense, I got a small pack of Haribo gummy bears with my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncas47 View Post
    I still have the rubber duck Roger gave me some time ago, it sits next to my shave mug. After dealing direct with Roger for years, I now get FCD from Rooftop Defense as they are fellow Arkies and I get free Ramen with every order. Edible swag FTW.
    Last edited by davidjinks; 06-17-23 at 19:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sol (Rooftop Defense) and Akshay (Revival Defense) are both very good friends of ours, we are all like minded folks serving our customers the best we know how.

The ASF, it has a bit of history. It is a joint project with SOLGW. Titsonritz is correct, I wanted nothing to do with safeties after I left BAD, didn't even carry them. In 2018 I figured it was time to dust off an old design. I had a non-compete with BAD at the time, we mutually agreed to let it go so we could start developing our own.

It was to be a design with only long and short lever options, but ASF does have the q lever (offset lever) option. In both the standard, non-offset, and the q lever form factors, the short lever is wider than the long lever. We tried to salvage the lost surface area by giving it more width.

The q lever (offset lever) has its lever off center. For a 90 degree ASF, when the safety is on FIRE, the lever is shifted towards the rear, this allows most users to access the lever and rotate it to SAFE without breaking his grip. For a 50 degree ASF, the offset nature of the lever elevates the lever when the safety is on FIRE, this elevated position mitigates the likelihood of the user's extended trigger finger inadvertently putting the safety on SAFE.

There's more info here https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...s_ep_86-1.html

The reason we (BAD at the time) went from 45 to 50 degrees is that we found with just the right trigger, lower and safety, with the safety set to SAFE, one can pull the trigger very hard, cam and rotate the safety, and drop the hammer. With 50 degrees or more, this won't happen.

ASF is at 50 degrees but not 55, 60, as I think anything more than 60 it'd be very close to vertical and nearly 90 degrees and no longer a short throw.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Roger, big Centurion Arms fan here. Wondering if you could comment on your relationship with Monty LeClair and Centurion Arms? Their stuff is great and I am sure the items they make for you are as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Monty and Corrie are awesome people, we love working with them. Monty is of the same mind set, they don't make BS products because these make money. He's designed quite a few great products and we're a big fan of the company, Monty and Corrie
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast