Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stacatto C2

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Have you tried carrying your P? On paper it doesn’t look like they’re too far apart (P and C2). I’ve seen some people also remove the mag well off the P’s or swap the grips for C2 grips.

I know there’s the weight difference which is probably the biggest thing against the P for CCW, but I also see lots of guys saying they carry a C2 + X300 with an extra mag in one of the TRex holsters (or whatever the holster is that holds an extra mag on it). So I wonder how much of it is really a big deal.

As much as I keep drooling over getting one of these, I don’t have the funds for it now. That said, while researching them I saw mentions of aluminum frames not being as durable. Has anyone here seen one start to lose tolerances? I’m guessing the “aluminum frames will crack at 20k rounds” is mostly exaggeration, but how often do these start to wear out?

To add onto the above, I think it’s a lot easier to hit 30k rounds than a lot of us like to say, at least IMO. Of course it’s not going to happen within one calendar year for most of us. But for a carry gun that you also train with regularly, those round counts quickly add up.

ETA: Just wanted add, I didn’t mean for my post to sound like I was shitting on the C2; I actually keep going back and forth between which I want to get between C2 and P. Despite what I said about not having the funds for it. I’m probably one night of drinks and a CC within reach away from ordering one of these.
    Last edited by w3453l; 08-18-23 at 14:30. Reason: Typos

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Same holster as your P DPO or different? I did a search and couldn't find the other Staccato thread, so can you list the holster(s) you're using.

I have a P I need to get out and shoot but as always Holster reviews are all over the place, so a first hand account would be useful.

Enjoy your FD gift, all I got was a pan of homemade brookies (brownie/cookies) from my youngest daughter.
    If you have a Staccato P holster, the C2 works perfectly.
    For carry I run Tier 1 or QVO (Roger Bererra) AIWB holsters.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Have you tried carrying your P? On paper it doesn’t look like they’re too far apart (P and C2). I’ve seen some people also remove the mag well off the P’s or swap the grips for C2 grips.

I know there’s the weight difference which is probably the biggest thing against the P for CCW, but I also see lots of guys saying they carry a C2 + X300 with an extra mag in one of the TRex holsters (or whatever the holster is that holds an extra mag on it). So I wonder how much of it is really a big deal.

ETA: Just wanted add, I didn’t mean for my post to sound like I was shitting on the C2; I actually keep going back and forth between which I want to get between C2 and P. Despite what I said about not having the funds for it. I’m probably one night of drinks and a CC within reach away from ordering one of these.
    The C2 is just a bit smaller than the P, but its enough to tell the difference in carry. And same goes for C2 vs CS, shit I might buy a CS one day. But if you want to carry, the C2 is your gun because it still shoots lights out and carries better. It shoots more like a full sized gun than most carry guns. YMMV

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 08-18-23 at 20:34.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A buddy at work just picked up the CS and Im buying a C2 on Monday. I'll try and get some good comparison pics on Tuesday when we both work.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    The C2 is just a bit smaller than the P, but its enough to tell the difference in carry. And same goes for C2 vs CS, shit I might buy a CS one day. But if you want to carry, the C2 is your gun because it still shoots lights out and carries better. It shoots more like a full sized gun than most carry guns. YMMV

PB
    Thanks man, I started a new thread to not highjack this one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well my buddy at work had a typo when he texted me before. His is also a C2 not the CS.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Well my buddy at work had a typo when he texted me before. His is also a C2 not the CS.
    On another note: I drove to a couple stores looking for a CS and realized that some of the nomenclature of the Stacattos includes CS. So, if you call and ask if they have any CS's, beware before you drive 30 minutes. I got there and they had some full sized Stacattos, they were CS's in some form.

Easy mistake for your buddy to make C-Grunt, as if "CS" and "C2" are not similar enough. The best plan is to buy them all, maybe not in one year but....give a brother some time. But that C2 is the everything Stacatto IMHO.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Not to be an enabler but Staccato has blem C2s available for sale in limited quantities. Between the blem price and a 10% AD discount I had an optic ready with DLC finished barrel version shipped to my FFL for less than the base price of a “NIB” model.

Not a bad time to jump one if you’re in the market.
    Last edited by ap1220; 08-24-23 at 10:04.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Same holster as your P DPO or different? I did a search and couldn't find the other Staccato thread, so can you list the holster(s) you're using.

I have a P I need to get out and shoot but as always Holster reviews are all over the place, so a first hand account would be useful.

Enjoy your FD gift, all I got was a pan of homemade brookies (brownie/cookies) from my youngest daughter.
    I'm not sure I answered your question, but my C2 fit just fine in my OWB holster for my P Duo/DPO. Same holster.

PB

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12