Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Bullets 77T

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Here's the quote from accurateshooter:
    (I was listening to the precision rifle media podcast. They had the owner of Creedmoor sports on. They chatted about American bullet company bullets. The match bullet line is overrun they buy and sell cheaper. So yes, that's a Sierra 77gr tmk bought in bulk and repackaged the practice bullet line is what sounds like seconds but he didn't say that word.)_

LOL, I don't doubt that markm but WTF is Sierra selling "overruns" and there isn't a single friggin TMK to be found anywhere on the internet. Even Gunbroker has 0 that I could find. I actually wrote Sierra an email this AM asking them where the hell these types of bullets are and if they even still make them. I'm sure I'll get back the "thank you for your inquiry and we are running 24/7 and the majority of our bullets go towards ammo, blaa, blah, blah, thank you for contacting Sierra Bullets!" I'll keep ya informed on what they say. Also I did buy a box of 500 from Creedmoor so I'll get those loaded when they show up.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I found two boxes of 77gr TMKs about 6 months ago at a local store. Couldn't believe my eyes, and felt kind of guilty purchasing both of them. It's my favorite do all bullet for anything other than plinking, and pairs well with my dwindling supply of XBR.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's funny. I'm not even that big of a fan of the bullet. It's never shot as tight as the regular OTM, so the extra BC isn't that thrilling to me. I'll take a lower BC that's more accurate all day long. (not that the TMK is bad... just not quite as good.)
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Actually, I have never shot the 22-cal ones but always liked the 30-cal ones better than the standard MKs cuz they did seem to shoot a little better. So I guess I am assuming that these will perform better, LOL And for some reason Sierra only put 50 bullets in a box of the 77s, that's plenty for testing but kinda a pain, that's why I bought the box of 500, I guess time will tell, Creedmoor has shipped the bullets so I will have them this week. And even though I thought I had some changes and maybe the Nosler blems weren't up to par with the 77 Sierra's I wanted more for a longer/better evaluation between the two. Will update as I go.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's funny. I'm not even that big of a fan of the bullet. It's never shot as tight as the regular OTM, so the extra BC isn't that thrilling to me. I'll take a lower BC that's more accurate all day long. (not that the TMK is bad... just not quite as good.)
    I'm in the same boat, at least when the TMK was first introduced, and gave them a try in my AR. My thought is that they are a little more position sensitive than the good old SMK or CC OTM.

The other downside is the cost. At the time, they were 3X what I was paying for Nosler CC and I just couldn't see the benefit. If I was a top tier competitor, I'm sure the benefit would outweigh the cost but I'm just having fun.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I'm in the same boat, at least when the TMK was first introduced, and gave them a try in my AR. My thought is that they are a little more position sensitive than the good old SMK or CC OTM.

The other downside is the cost. At the time, they were 3X what I was paying for Nosler CC and I just couldn't see the benefit. If I was a top tier competitor, I'm sure the benefit would outweigh the cost but I'm just having fun.
    Good info, I will keep that in mind for sure. I'm sure it would make a difference but these are 99% for my Tikka,I may shoot some out of my AR but it will be a rare case. I will test both platforms. Actually, the cost from Creedmoor was decent, shipping was high as usual but no Tax,total was $156.90, I just paid $104.00 shipped for 600 blems from Midway so that's a decent deal & that was with tax, but they had free shipping. Most of the 500-count boxes of reg MKs are starting out more than I paid from Creedmoor then add tax & shipping so if in fact the bullets from Creedmoor are TMKs then I guess I got a heck of a deal.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I'm in a weird spot where my SPRish build loves the TMK. For this build only, I appreciate the added benefits of the TMK for hunting, etc...Here is a 100 yard 5-shot group from last week:
    20230714_085927.jpg

The rest of my bulk precision shooting has been with the Nosler CCs from when they go on sale for around $200/K.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    For what it's worth, a place I had Sierra 77gr TMK on backorder just called and offered a box of 500 for $199.xx. Creedmoor's offering is a bit more economical, but they're coming back in stock.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Good info, I will keep that in mind for sure. I'm sure it would make a difference but these are 99% for my Tikka,I may shoot some out of my AR but it will be a rare case. I will test both platforms. Actually, the cost from Creedmoor was decent, shipping was high as usual but no Tax,total was $156.90, I just paid $104.00 shipped for 600 blems from Midway so that's a decent deal & that was with tax, but they had free shipping. Most of the 500-count boxes of reg MKs are starting out more than I paid from Creedmoor then add tax & shipping so if in fact the bullets from Creedmoor are TMKs then I guess I got a heck of a deal.
    They'll do well in a bolt gun. I ran them in mine near the beginning of Covid when I couldn't get the 75 ELD, and they shot really well. I seated them long-

77 TMK 2.395" OAL
    23.1 8208XBR
    Federal 205
    Lapua brass
    Single digit SDs, and 5 shot groups in the 0.3s at 100.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    They'll do well in a bolt gun. I ran them in mine near the beginning of Covid when I couldn't get the 75 ELD, and they shot really well. I seated them long-

77 TMK 2.395" OAL
    23.1 8208XBR
    Federal 205
    Lapua brass
    Single digit SDs, and 5 shot groups in the 0.3s at 100.
    Thanks, MD! That's my hope that they will. I know between you/markm & papabear you guys shoot more in a week than I do all year but I try, LOL And with all this said I have never tried the Hornady 75 ELDs, I have the 88 ELDs but as I mentioned I can't seem to find the same magic as markm has with his tikka but I'll keep working on them once I really finalize the 77s. Oh yea, with the mags from MDT, I can load them longer than the chamber can even take I believe, those mags are badass! With the 77s I'm @ 2.300 OAL so compared to yours depending on your rifle versus mine I could maybe bring them out a tad more, I need to get my Hornady bullet comparator & bullet seater back out and double-check things. I'm getting pissed, I have a tracking # from Creedmoor but it doesn't even show up in the system yet,,, dam Post Office, LOL Thanks for the info, will update as I go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12