Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Noveske Gen 4 Lower VS. Radian Weapons A-DAC Ambidextrous Billet AR-15 Lower

Feedback Score
    I think the LWRCi has one of the best ambi lowers on the market but rarely get mentioned in those discussions.

That being said, while I love my LWRCi, I find the lower doesn't offer me anything that my home built lowers using FCD parts don't. I guess there is an argument to be made when shooting offhand that the lack of a bolt catch/release on the opposite side is a detriment. But slingshotting the charging handle is a thing too.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I think the only shop that is doing full Ambi right is Sig on the spear lowers - up to lock down to drop the bolt. I don't want a paddle. I much prefer the way Knights does it with the ability to just drop the bolt and Ambi magazine release. So easy to drop the bolt in prone. But I am not left handed.
    nawai

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I think the only shop that is doing full Ambi right is Sig on the spear lowers - up to lock down to drop the bolt. I don't want a paddle. I much prefer the way Knights does it with the ability to just drop the bolt and Ambi magazine release. So easy to drop the bolt in prone. But I am not left handed.
    The Radian AX556, ADM UIC, and MVB all don't use paddles, with the UIC predating the SIG by years and using the same manual of arms (as do the ambi H&K lowers). The Radian and MVB both have the bolt release lever in a similar spot as the KAC.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Radian AX556, ADM UIC, and MVB all don't use paddles, with the UIC predating the SIG by years and using the same manual of arms (as do the ambi H&K lowers). The Radian and MVB both have the bolt release lever in a similar spot as the KAC.
    Yes, I get that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't own one single "cool" lower. "cool" by internet h0m0 standards that is.

I'd love to get a BCM lower and one of those Colt US Gov property lowers. The ambi gay stuff isn't my thing though.
    I bought a stripped BCM lower that was a special run, I was told they are not normally sold as stripped lowers.
    I bought a complete BCM upper and the now rifle is the loosest most rattling (between upper and lower) I have ever seen.

The accuracy is horrible also, to give you an idea I also built an aero upper and lower using Seekins lower parts and Aero upper parts and this one is way more accurate and the fit between upper an lower is correct (read: snug well fitting).

I'm hoping to run across someone with a BCM lower that came from BCM that way to put my upper onto see it it fits better.
    It fits other lowers Ok so I believe the lower is the issue.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    I bought a stripped BCM lower that was a special run, I was told they are not normally sold as stripped lowers.
    I bought a complete BCM upper and the now rifle is the loosest most rattling (between upper and lower) I have ever seen.

The accuracy is horrible also, to give you an idea I also built an aero upper and lower using Seekins lower parts and Aero upper parts and this one is way more accurate and the fit between upper an lower is correct (read: snug well fitting).

I'm hoping to run across someone with a BCM lower that came from BCM that way to put my upper onto see it it fits better.
    Every BCM lower I’ve tried has had a loose sloppy fit with the upper receiver, to include BCM upper receivers. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as they are machined to mil spec. Every assigned weapon I’ve been issued by Uncle Sam (both Colt, and FN) has had a similar loose fit between receivers. The lack of accuracy has more to do with the barrel, or your skill set as a shooter. I used a BCM upper receiver with a Colt SOCOM barrel on one of my previous builds, and it was as accurate as any other SOCOM barreled upper I’ve used.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Every BCM lower I’ve tried has had a loose sloppy fit with the upper receiver, to include BCM upper receivers. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, as they are machined to mil spec. Every assigned weapon I’ve been issued by Uncle Sam (both Colt, and FN) has had a similar loose fit between receivers. The lack of accuracy has more to do with the barrel, or your skill set as a shooter. I used a BCM upper receiver with a Colt SOCOM barrel on one of my previous builds, and it was as accurate as any other SOCOM barreled upper I’ve used.
    Ok, I'm not sure the issue with mine then.
    If I can get good groups with one rifle but not another I just figured it was the equipment.

Thank you for the post, it's good info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What make of barrel is on the one you have issue with? Upper to lower fit doesn't really have much to do with accuracy, when you tension up the weapon before you fire, you are eliminating the play. Its not like you are shaking it one handed while firing. Only MarkM shoots that way!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What make of barrel is on the one you have issue with? Upper to lower fit doesn't really have much to do with accuracy, when you tension up the weapon before you fire, you are eliminating the play. Its not like you are shaking it one handed while firing. Only MarkM shoots that way!!
    BCM MK2 BFH 16" Mid Length (ENHANCED Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ MCMR-15 Handguard
    (Muzzle Device: Free BCM Comp MOD 0 (Installed))
    The above is a copy paste from the email order confirmation from BCM hopefully it is readable.

It was dated July of 2020

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    The above is a copy paste from the email order confirmation from BCM hopefully it is readable.

It was dated July of 2020
    Can you define horrible accuracy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast