Thread: so now what

Feedback Score

so now what

I just finished MODDING OUT a S$W MP15 which i pretty much so stole

gave $850 for the rifle + 5 CMMG imortal Mags, YHM Drop in rails, RRA Dominator EOTECH RISER, S&W carry Handle and Allen Carry Bag after I sold off all the extras I didn't want or need (pretty much so everything except the rifle its self) i was in to it for around $475

then came the modding nothing major just a little snip here and clip there.

I chopped off the A2 front sight and reshaped it in to a LO PRO gas block. added some DD 9.0 M4 Rails, some Troy F&R battle sights APML 3 mounted with a ADM 68C then decked the whole thing out in MAGPUL OD green furniture

here is a PIC before

and another pic of the some what complete Rifle After

so the question is I now have these

so what should i build next thinking about something other than a 5.56
    Last edited by xxTxxJxx; 12-30-08 at 21:05.

Feedback Score
    dude, i would build another 5.56 or a 458 socom. being able to use the same mags will be nice. plus, with the possibility of ammo getting hard to find, and if the shtf your gonna want a common caliber. 5.56 is an effective round and is everywhere. keep things simple. if it aint broke, dont fix it. all these little in between rounds are answers to questions nobody needed to be asking. all of this depends on what your using the rifle for though. 556 is, from what i can infer, a very effective assult rifle cartridge if your intended targets are people (self defense) or small game. 458 socom is just raw when suppressed. i would stick with 556 or 458 unless your gonna go ar10. these new cartridges could just be a fad and end up really obscure or like 10mm one day, expensive and hard to find.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    6.5 Grendel.
    "-If your afraid to fight, then I guess you never will. "

Remembering Brother's I have lost -
    Sgt Rick Timbrook - EOW 30OCT99
    Deputy Jason Mooney - EOW 19OCT07
    Officer Todd Bahr - EOW 06JUN08

- IN VALOR THERE IS HOPE -