Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $2000 AR build 14.5

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    BCM, Centurion, Geissele, Daniel Defense (and others) all offer complete rifles under your budget and would all be a fantastic choice. My OCD wouldn't allow me to mix and match uppers and lowers. Now there is NO reason you can't do that and have it all work fine. But it would drive me nuts lol. I don't even like to mix and match stripped uppers and lowers on my custom builds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberM4 View Post
    With no optic. What do you guys recommend to complete this build. I have no parts yet. I looked at KAC complete lower so far. If I order KAC LOWER. Which upper should I consider?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Knights.......period

No reason to "Build" (assemble) an upper, unless you just want to tinker.........

you won't go wrong
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    BCM, Centurion, Geissele, Daniel Defense (and others) all offer complete rifles under your budget and would all be a fantastic choice. My OCD wouldn't allow me to mix and match uppers and lowers. Now there is NO reason you can't do that and have it all work fine. But it would drive me nuts lol. I don't even like to mix and match stripped uppers and lowers on my custom builds.
    I mix and match all my uppers and lowers mainly because of cost, granted a warranty goes along way if its your only rifle. Aero lower and BCM upper for around $1400 (maybe less if you shop around), leaves $600 for a light, sling, and maybe an optic or just $600 in ammo. Honestly, $2000 can go a long way if you really focus in on what your needs will be with said rifle.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    I mix and match all my uppers and lowers mainly because of cost, granted a warranty goes along way if its your only rifle. Aero lower and BCM upper for around $1400 (maybe less if you shop around), leaves $600 for a light, sling, and maybe an optic or just $600 in ammo. Honestly, $2000 can go a long way if you really focus in on what your needs will be with said rifle.
    I can build build a heck of a nice AR for 2k if we aren't including optics. But unfortunately the OP is just trying to buy an upper and lower and pin them together. In fact my latest is a 10.5 FSP SBR with a colt barrel, Centurion rail, upper, bcg and trigger and FCD parts and goodness with an Aimpoint Pro that I have just shy of 2k into it if my gazintas are correct. Same with my BCM 11.5 etc etc you get the idea. But, to your point, warranties are nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post
    Knights.......period

No reason to "Build" (assemble) an upper, unless you just want to tinker.........

you won't go wrong
    I don't think he is getting a Knights upper and lower for his 2k budget.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    I don't think he is getting a Knights upper and lower for his 2k budget.
    If you contemplating a Knights lower.....their is only one upper that one should consider.

Otherwise, get a BCM and run the crap out of it and invest in training and ammo.
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post
    If you contemplating a Knights lower.....their is only one upper that one should consider.

Otherwise, get a BCM and run the crap out of it and invest in training and ammo.
    Agreed. But it ain't happening for $2k. He might get a sandcutter on TacSwap for 2k 😁

Feedback Score
    Recently bought a complete "blemished" BCM lower for $299 from Primary Arms. I couldn't find the "blemish". BCM was selling complete uppers for under $700 recently. So cost of complete BCM rifle ended up being less than $1,000.

Look for stuff on sale. Geissele was recently selling Super Duty uppers at a deep discount. Brownells sometimes sells DD uppers w/o BCG at very competitive prices. If you can find a coupon code you can save even more. And you can always pick up a good quality Toolcraft or Microbest BCG for cheap. Hell, PSA had stripped lowers on sale for $40 last week.

Bottom line - with some patience and decent Google skills you can piece together a damn nice AR for $1,000-1,200. But if you have to have KAC you're not only going to pay top dollar, but will never find anything for less the MSRP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12