Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver: Any reviews? $35

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question Anderson Manufacturing AR-15 Stripped Lower Receiver: Any reviews? $35

This week I added some of these:

https://www.primaryarms.com/anderson...lower-receiver

On sale for $35.

The finish is real nice.

Compared to a Colt from 20 years ago, these current Anderson lowers look better.

With better machinery it's possible that the current Andersons may be of higher quality than older tier 1 lowers.

The reviews on their website are good.

Some old reviews from years ago - are not good.

I'm not building these up any time soon but I'm wondering if I should worry that they may be out of spec.

I'm hoping it's more difficult to screw up a lower in this day and age with better machinery.

What are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm hoping it's more difficult to screw up a lower in this day and age with better machinery. I tend to agree. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the forgings are properly made, it really doesn't matter who CNC machines the forging.

According to the 2021 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Report put out by ATF, Anderson made 32,405 rifles and 471,787 miscellaneous firearms.

I would ass-u-me that the majority of that 471,787 were AR receivers while a small portion were their 'Kiger' pistol frames. They are still in business, so someone must be buying all those frames. Perhaps they are an OEM supplier?

I've got a rifle built on an Anderson receiver, wouldn't hesitate to use their receivers, or PSA's for that matter, if it wasn't for their butt ugly logos.

Do what I've done, invest in a set of pin gauges and check when you get the receiver before you assemble. For magwells I install the mag release and just use GI mags to make sure they drop free, etc. Kind of a crude check but so far all the mag release holes and slots have been okay.

Here's an affordable pin set:

https://www.amazon.com/Accusize-Tool...y&sr=8-13&th=1

0.061''-0.250'' x 190 Pcs, size electro etched on each piece
    Overall length 2'', all members 2'' long, centerless lapped
    Finish: Each gauge has a 10 micro finish or better
    Hardness: Heat treated 60-62 RC
    Tolerance: All gauges with .0002'' limit, plus or minus
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've built several ARs on Anderson Poverty Pony lowers. I've never had a problem with any of them.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    No big issues with Anderson lowers in my experience with them.

All the holes seem to be in the right spot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXyq4gWdRM4

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have one on a Geissle upper. The Horror.
    Never any issues.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    A few years back my son bought one. He had to do some work on it with a Dremel to get it to work. The mag. release slot on the left side had to be opened up so the parts would fix in it. One of the take down pins of off as well.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    They are $30 at ar15discounts.com.

Site has been crashing, though

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    I have 5 of them and 3 of those are SBRed. No issues at all. I have built at least 10 Anderson lowers and all have been good to go.

I have seen two Stripped KAC lowers and both of them were so messed up the trigger pins would not go all the way through.

Much better odds of getting a bad KAC lower than an Anderson.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have 5 of them and 3 of those are SBRed. No issues at all. I have built at least 10 Anderson lowers and all have been good to go.

I have seen two Stripped KAC lowers and both of them were so messed up the trigger pins would not go all the way through.

Much better odds of getting a bad KAC lower than an Anderson.
    Nice optics, nice barrels…doesn’t care about a roll mark.

Let me sing the praises of docsherm for a moment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Nice optics, nice barrels…doesn’t care about a roll mark.

Let me sing the praises of docsherm for a moment.
    And just FYI, there are 2 Anderson roll marks... One is much nicer than the other, at least in my opinion. The problem is that you never know which one you're going to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast