Thread: Thoughts on the LWRC IC-E 5.56

Feedback Score

Thoughts on the LWRC IC-E 5.56

I've been desiring a quality AR and searching for a used rifle, one that caught my eye is a LWRC IC-E 5.56.
    Trying a short stroke piston rather than DI is one thing that intrigues me.

But what say the folks here about the general quality of LWRC builds?

This LWRC would likely get an Eotech XPS2 and call it good for general purpose self defense.
    Last edited by ChileRelleno; 07-03-23 at 23:30.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    LWRC is garbage and the people at that company are liars and scumbags. They used to Astroturf her years ago. They got popped on ARFcom for making fake positive posts about their junk guns from in their company (IP address) years back Their appologicians will say those were different employees. But you don't change a shitty culture like that. Did you know their Barrels last twice as long as everyone else??? Just ask those butt plugs!

Their guns suck anyway, so all the other drawbacks are just icing on the cake.

Piston AR suck for the most part. If you're really looking for a piston, the Barrett 5.56 piston gun actually works very well. We have a buddy running one, and if you didn't know better, you'd think you were shooting a DI gun.
    Last edited by markm; 07-03-23 at 15:44.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I had one sent roughly 3k rounds of m855 then it started keyholing. Sent it back and they fixed it for free. I thought I might have done something wrong so I called them. I was told to stop shooting m855 and just shoot 193. I lost all faith in the rifle and sold shortly after for a Knights and have never looked back. I did however like the lower but you can get the same thing from LMT.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    C’mon Markm, don’t hold back and tell us how you really feel.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    LWRC is garbage. If you simply must have a piston gun, get an HK or LMT.

Feedback Score
    I would add PWS to the mix for piston guns too. I went through the desire for a piston gun for awhile until I handled a few of them and the added weight made it seem like not a worthwhile trade off. I know guys who swear by them for shooting suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Well now... Finally pulled the trigger on a new to me rifle.

Went with a used Noveske N4 gen 1.
    If I understand the timeline right these were made when John Noveske was still alive and in charge.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChileRelleno View Post
    Well now... Finally pulled the trigger on a new to me rifle.

Went with a used Noveske N4 gen 1.
    If I understand the timeline right these were made when John Noveske was still alive and in charge.

Is it one that has the laser engraved iron cross across the upper and lower? I always liked those, it was a great way to tell you were getting a factory complete Noveske. I wish they still did that, especially at their current price structure.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Is it one that has the laser engraved iron cross across the upper and lower? I always liked those, it was a great way to tell you were getting a factory complete Noveske. I wish they still did that, especially at their current price structure.
    No it's not.
    This rifle has individual iron cross rollmark on upper and lower.
    Lower is a N4 gen I.
    Upper is a VLTOR Vis monolithic with Noveske cross and name on top. right, rear below the rail.

Noveske VLTOR VIS-3 Rifle Length VIS 12" with Forward Assist VIS-3
    Last edited by ChileRelleno; 01-15-24 at 15:27.

Feedback Score
    I've been debating about getting a PWS or a LWRC. Not to stir the pot, but Small Arms Solutions just praised their DI rifle.
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...solutions+lwrc