Thread: AK mags in AR mag pouches?

Feedback Score

AK mags in AR mag pouches?

Anyone have any experience with putting AK mags (20 and/or 30rds) into the Eagle M4 Double Mag Pouch, or any similar M4 double mag-style pouch? I'm guessing here, but it looks as though you could get one in each pouch.

Thanks in advance...
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeglik
    Anyone have any experience with putting AK mags (20 and/or 30rds) into the Eagle M4 Double Mag Pouch, or any similar M4 double mag-style pouch? I'm guessing here, but it looks as though you could get one in each pouch.

Thanks in advance...
    I've got an Eagle/SKD chest rig and can get one 7.62 or 5.56 (30rds) AK mag in the M4 double mag pouches on it. It's a tighter fit but I also use it with M14 mags.

ETA: These are the plastic waffle AK mags.

Feedback Score
    With a little tweaking you can get 2 AK mags in each pouch. Did a mod for Yancey and he seemed to like it.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    As long as one fits in the pouch, that is fine. Thanks guys.
    Stephen
    Molon Labe

"The Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." Herger the Joyous

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Eagle MOLLE Double M4 Pouch will accept one AK mag.