Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom 1911 for 45th Birthday

Feedback Score

Custom 1911 for 45th Birthday

I am wondering, who would you recommend ordering a custom 1911 from for my 45th Birthday. I have called Colt Custom shop, Alchemy, and Ed Brown. They can all make my timeline. Springfield said their Custom Shop is closed. My budget will be about $4k.
    All I want is a nice Government Model.
    What do you all think?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Kimber!! Just kidding!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Start building a list of stuff you care about, and see what existing models start off really close.

For me, it was a high cut & checkered frontstrap, magwell funnel integral to MSH, front & rear diagonal serrations, skeletonized hammer with solid trigger, and Novak type sights. The only part I slightly regret is jumping all in on the Dawson Precision Light Rail, but I still adore those pistols. I wound up juggling grips and things on there, and eventually coming to accept that my initial thoughts on sights might not be right out of the box, and that I did want somewhat divergent grip levels between the WML always-connected setup, and a more carry-friendly one, so I have two that persisted.

Beyond that, the performance should be more than adequately dialed in with a solid barrel, fitment, and good trigger work, but it's hard to make a custom 1911 that can't be a tack driver.

Finish is the last part of it - honestly it can be hard to go wrong with something good - I have a soft spot for actually worn stuff, so that helps a lot with cost management on these... if you come in under budget, turn it into ammo, I've never regretted that.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Does Novak's .45 Shop in Parkersburg, WV have any guns ready to go?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Buy a nice clean NHC or Wilson, hard to go wrong. How about a 2011, not traditional but would give optics options with a double stack and something different.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nighthawk or Wilson would be my short list.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I would check out Alchemy. I put a few mags through one. Not exactly an exhaustive evaluation, but enough to make me want to buy one

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    https://www.1911addicts.com/forums/f...lassifieds.20/

A bunch of used, slightly used and new (by dealers) factory custom 1911s for sale there. No wait.

No I'm not connected in anyway with that forum and do not benefit from any sales there.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Get a Wilson and be done with it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Of the ones mentioned above, Rob with Alchemy does nice work.

Plan for your 50th. Something REALLY special.
    Ted Yost is one of the Top 1911 ‘smiths alive; think London “Best Grade” Side by Side quality.

http://www.estatesporting.com/1911s.html
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast