Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score

Beretta ARX-100

As far as I can tell, this particular rifle has been discontinued for some time, at least on the US market. Not sure it was ever a sales success for Beretta. Some folks claimed it had decent accuracy, others had less success and the quick-change barrel was suspect in many of those cases.

Anyone with any positive experiences with the ARX-100?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To me it seemed as if the the rifle was fine for the Italian Military, but unfit for anything but a collector in the US market. I think most people that REALLY wanted one, got one, and that was that.

I never heard anything really negative, but the odd ergos, the partial front rail, and the lack of swappable barrels mean it was a pretty static platform, despite it's reasonable cost. It probably could have done well if it fixed those prior issues and had 300BLK barrels as it was a pretty short platform, albeit tall.

And it looked like a fish.

Feedback Score
    We had a long thread about it that hopefully is still available.

I sold mine. But could trade it back from my buddy who has it now. He's never fired it since getting it from me.

It's a 3-6 moa gun. A2 grip is annoying, trigger heavy, charging handle thin, shell deflector can hurt ya, gen 3 mags need modding to fit, polymer/alloy upper is the registered part. Aftermarket trigger is available.

Those are the negatives as I recall. Lots of positives, too.

Think of it as a polymer, Beretta quality 5.56 AK that takes AR mags with many extra features. Very reliable btw.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-08-23 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    I have three, but I've only shot two of them... They aren't the most accurate rifles, but I still really like everything about them (except the factory sights). The one thing I like the most is that they weren't really "Americanized" like so many of the other modern rifles that come out of Europe.

Though the stiff controls, heavy trigger, different ergonomics, lacking accuracy, no AR parts compatibility, no factory support and almost no aftermarket support is why it never really took off. The no factory support was the main issue though. Beretta USA sucks in that way.

Also, having no suppressor setting was not a smart move. From most reports you pretty much have to use a flow through design to avoid it being way over gassed. But to be fair, the ARX series of rifles was intended to have an integrally suppressed barrel option that should have come about if Beretta followed through on fully supporting the rifle on the commercial side of things. There are a lot of ARX accessories that are available through Beretta Defense (Italy) that never showed up over here in support of the US commercial market ARX-100.

There were a lot of caliber conversion promises too, but even on the military side I'm only seeing 7.62X39 as the only other available option besides 5.56.

So it is what it is... Which is basically a collectors item at this point IMO.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 07-10-23 at 22:26.

Feedback Score
    I recall that these came with steel mags that were NSN marked. Italian military?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I recall that these came with steel mags that were NSN marked. Italian military?
    Correct on the mags being steel, though I'd have to look at the markings again as I'm not sure if they had NSN markings or not. The mags were also available on the Beretta USA website for some time on and off. They were the same mags as the ones that shipped with the rifle, but the markings were a little different.

I heard that the last couple of batches of ARX-100s came with a different brand of magazine though. ASC if I remember correctly?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Correct on the mags being steel, though I'd have to look at the markings again as I'm not sure if they had NSN markings or not. The mags were also available on the Beretta USA website for some time on and off. They were the same mags as the ones that shipped with the rifle, but the markings were a little different.

I heard that the last couple of batches of ARX-100s came with a different brand of magazine though. ASC if I remember correctly?

I think the Beretta 30 rnd mags are the best AR steel mags ever.

I don't recall seeing NSN markings on mind.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-08-23 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I think the Beretta 30 rnd mags are the best AR steel mags ever.

I don't recall seeing NSN markings on mind.
    110% agree with you on that, I have 15 of them. I would order a few here and there when Beretta was having sales on their site. I actually had 16 of them, but I gave one to one of my brothers to test out.

I've heard that they won't accept the heavy match OTM and TMK rounds due to their length. I've not checked for that personally though.

Edit: Just got some pictures of the markings and test fit some Black Hills 77gr. TMK with no issues. Must be the OTMs that it has issues with, but I don't have any of those to test out.

Mags as received from Beretta USA ordered off their site.

Mags received with the ARX-100.

No issues fitting Black Hills 77gr. TMK.

Last edited by 556Cliff; 07-08-23 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    I own a Beretta ARX100. Great rifle especially at the price point that I purchased mine at ($1000) but very poorly marketed by Beretta. The top strengths of the Beretta is that it is lightweight and extremely reliable. Where Beretta missed the mark was its initial high price point, lack of promised barrels, and an unwillingess to support or market the platform.

Feedback Score
    I have two. One's has a 16" barrel and the other is a factory SBR. They've both been 100% reliable. My only complaint is the rails on the front handguard. I'd rather just have a plain smooth handguard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast