Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta ARX-100

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    I own a Beretta ARX100. Great rifle especially at the price point that I purchased mine at ($1000) but very poorly marketed by Beretta. The top strengths of the Beretta is that it is lightweight and extremely reliable. Where Beretta missed the mark was its initial high price point, lack of promised barrels, and an unwillingess to support or market the platform.
    Yeah, the MSRP and anyone selling close to that certainly didn't help things in the beginning. I remember that Academy Sports was blowing them out for around $700 for a while and some guys were still hemming and hawing at the price... I of course don't have an Academy anywhere close to my area, so I never managed to pay less than $900 for any of the 3 I have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    My only complaint is the rails on the front handguard. I'd rather just have a plain smooth handguard.
    Though that's one of the fun little quirks that comes with having a true to form Euro military rifle. Sure, with a few tweaks here and there it could be "perfect" to many more potential buyers and actually push them into buying one, but then it would be just another lost in the weeds "Americanized" version of a modern Euro military rifle.

Not that I don't wish it had an option to remove the side rails and have a completely smooth handguard... That would also be my preference, partly because it would fit so much better in the safe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgex2 View Post
    And it looked like a fish.
    Lol, I believe that's a feature. I love fish guns!
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 07-08-23 at 23:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    110% agree with you on that, I have 15 of them. I would order a few here and there when Beretta was having sales on their site. I actually had 16 of them, but I gave one to one of my brothers to test out.

I've heard that they won't accept the heavy match OTM and TMK rounds due to their length. I've not checked for that personally though.

Edit: Just got some pictures of the markings and test fit some Black Hills 77gr. TMK with no issues. Must be the OTMs that it has issues with, but I don't have any of those to test out.

Mags as received from Beretta USA ordered off their site.

Mags received with the ARX-100.

No issues fitting Black Hills 77gr. TMK.

Weird.

I have some of these, too. I just looked at a couple and the have no markings at all. Not one letter or number anywhere. Sanitized.

All were ordered from the Berettausa website like yours.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Weird.

I have some of these, too. I just looked at a couple and the have no markings at all. Not one letter or number anywhere. Sanitized.

All were ordered from the Berettausa website like yours.
    Interesting... I can't say I have an unmarked one in my small collection of them.

I do know they were all packed in a Cosmoline-esk storage grease that was kind of a pain in the butt to clean off. I actually had these mags in storage for a few years before finally deciding to put in the effort to clean them up to put into use.

Feedback Score
    Interesting... I can't say I have an unmarked one in my small collection of them.

I do know they were all packed in a Cosmoline-esk storage grease that was kind of a pain in the butt to clean off. I actually had these mags in storage for a few years before finally deciding to put in the effort to clean them up to put into use.
    Some of mine came in plastic bags in a cushioned pouch, some came in a white pouch, NO padding at all, and some came in boxes wrapped & separated in brown paper.

I recall paying about $12-$25 per IIRC. Beretta has good sales sometimes.
    Last edited by Ron3; 07-09-23 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Some of mine came in plastic bags in a cushioned pouch, some came in a white pouch, NO padding at all, and some came in boxes wrapped & separated in brown paper.

I recall paying about $12-$25 per IIRC. Beretta has good sales sometimes.
    That's how all mine came when ordered direct from Berettausa, just in a box wrapped with brown paper. When it comes to mags (or anything really) I'm always wanting them to come well packed so the feed lips survive shipping. Seems like a lot of places like to ship in just a thin bubble wrap padded envelope... It kinda irks me when they do that, but all the mags I've ordered have made it through without damage.

Feedback Score
    That's how all mine came when ordered direct from Berettausa, just in a box wrapped with brown paper. When it comes to mags (or anything really) I'm always wanting them to come well packed so the feed lips survive shipping. Seems like a lot of places like to ship in just a thin bubble wrap padded envelope... It kinda irks me when they do that, but all the mags I've ordered have made it through without damage.
    Yea they got tested for durability in shipping.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Very cool guns. They have all the modern features, including an incredibly easy swap from left to right eject. They are extremely light with a very lightweight barrel profile. Unfortunately, they look weird and haven't featured on any popular video games or movies so sales were pretty much doomed. I would love one of the 308 versions but I am sure it will never come in. I was hoping someone would bring in a "pistol" version but nobody did it before the Biden Admin seemed to catch onto that little trick.

I have one and it is great. It is more accurate than my BREN2, AUG, or Hellion not quite as accurate as a good AR or SCAR. I should have bought 10.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Did very many of the FDE version make it to the market?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast