Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Comparison of Different Barrel Lengths

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Obviously there is a trend of greater velocity loss with each inch cut but there is no universal threshold across ammunition types where it suddenly falls.
    Yes. You are seeing individual barrel differences if you plot it and don’t have a consistent curve.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My MK18 with KAC 3 prong is fine to shoot (with ear pro) unsuppressed and awesome with my KAC QDC on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Just get the gas turned way down and make it dedicated for suppressed use.
    The .080 gas port is something else I never understood. Even the Crane Spec .070 works fine with decent ammo unsuppressed. How did Daniel Defense come up with a .080 gas port for a MK18?
    It may have even been .082 I don't remember for sure. But what criteria went into the decision to go with something that oversized?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The .080 gas port is something else I never understood. Even the Crane Spec .070 works fine with decent ammo unsuppressed. How did Daniel Defense come up with a .080 gas port for a MK18?
    It may have even been .082 I don't remember for sure. But what criteria went into the decision to go with something that oversized?
    Didn't they reduce that port size after the first run of MK18s? When I was researching port sizes on the 10.5s awhile back I could have sworn they reduced that size?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Didn't they reduce that port size after the first run of MK18s? When I was researching port sizes on the 10.5s awhile back I could have sworn they reduced that size?
    They reduced it, they’re all at .070 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    But what criteria went into the decision to go with something that oversized?
    Customers

But my advice is for someone who doesn’t like the blast unsuppressed, and doesn’t like the blowback suppressed. Dedicated suppressed can be quite comfortable to shoot.
    Last edited by Todd.K; 07-11-23 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    Even the mil mk18’s had those .082 gas ports before they went with the crane spec.
    So how did they arrive at .082? What kind of engineering was applied to that equation?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Even the mil mk18’s had those .082 gas ports before they went with the crane spec.
    So how did they arrive at .082? What kind of engineering was applied to that equation?
    Not that I've heard but why don't you ask DD if you want an answer so badly?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'd love to beat the shit out of the mongoloid who made that decision.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'd love to beat the shit out of the mongoloid who made that decision.
    This conversation made me think of the video SOTAR just posted where he did an autopsy on a Black Rain Ordinance AR. It went about how you would expect it to go. However the start of it all was a port size of .089. Then proceeded to destroy all of the inferior components downstream lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast