Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .22 Mag S&W pistol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I could be wrong, but a 22 mag out of a pistol might not be quieter than 9mm. It might even be louder, especially if it's compared to a heavy 9mm subsonic. I hadn't considered the possibility of shooting coons and possums around the home because we don’t really do that around here. But that's the great thing about forums like these because there's so many different people from different places who can add a different perspective.
    Had a Coon on my carport looking thru the glass door last week. I have a neighbor kinda in that direction so I popped him with 2 38 shotshells to run him off. Damm, forget "ear plugs" !!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Haha, a few years ago I decided to try and make a video of myself shooting. Must have been too distracting setting up the camera because I forgot to put ear pro on. Started recording, got lined up, pulled the revolver out of the holster and took the first shot. 357 magnum. *RIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG* that was painful. Got a chuckle out of it watching the video later.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I think it would be a really fun gun to shoot. Especially with the 30 rd mag. But after the novelty wears off and the realization of how expensive dumping 30 rd mags of 22 mag at dirt clods is.
    If the thing is reliable, that 30 round clip would make a rack of steel plates a blast to shoot!

Pappabear says there's a handful of competitors who shoot rimfire at the matches. This thing might be great for those kind of shenanigans.
    Last edited by markm; 08-04-23 at 15:31.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If the thing is reliable, that 30 round clip would make a rack of steel plates a blast to shoot!

Pappabear says there's a handful of competitors who shoot rimfire at the matches. This thing might be great for those kind of shenanigans.
    That would be fun

Feedback Score
    Bill Jordan, gunfighter on the border in the old days, took time off to go on a Fed paid adventure getaway to Iwo Jima and another to Korea said of the 22 magnum "This is a wicked little cartridge . . .". Quote from his book "No Second Place Winner". He said he'd like to see it chambered in small, lightweight carry guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PriseDeFer View Post
    Bill Jordan, gunfighter on the border in the old days, took time off to go on a Fed paid adventure getaway to Iwo Jima and another to Korea said of the 22 magnum "This is a wicked little cartridge . . .". Quote from his book "No Second Place Winner". He said he'd like to see it chambered in small, lightweight carry guns.
    He was probably talking about its performance from rifles.

It sure ain't wicked from 3 inch barrel. 6 inch barrel it might rival .32 acp. Add the long cartridge, rim, expense, muzzle blast, and non-reloadable, rimfire ignition and it's just not an acceptable SD cartridge. (Unless the user just can't handle / afford anything else and gun isn't a semi-auto)

I'd rather have a .32 (acp, S&W Long, or H&R Magnum) for a low-recoil handgun.

As for recreation, It's loud and costs alot more than .22LR.

Nah.

Good hunting cartridge for rifles and revolvers when the user has found .22lr lacking for range.
    Last edited by Ron3; 12-08-23 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I shot the Kel Tec version a few weeks ago. It's crap. Sights were not regulated properly. Reliability poor. Mags very fragile

I am interested in the SW version as well

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I shot the Kel Tec version a few weeks ago. It's crap. Sights were not regulated properly. Reliability poor. Mags very fragile

I handled one. Yea.

After many years in the hobby, owning & shooting many guns, many of us can examine a brand new gun and accurately declare, "Neat, but it will never be reliable."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post

It's a Kel Tec, so...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    22 magnum from a handgun is awfully close to 22 LR from a rifle, only with jacketed bullets and much louder.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-11-23 at 07:05.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast