Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FN SCAR 15P and its 7.5" barrel? Practical?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I completely agree, though I wouldn't buy one simply because I'm avoiding the cartridge. If they offered one with a 10.5" to 12.5" barrel, it would have more appeal as well. I would probably have bought one instead of my SCAR16.
    They do sell SCAR’s in 10.5. SBR version.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    They do sell SCAR’s in 10.5. SBR version.
    I've not seen a factory SCAR 16S SBR for sale before, do you have a source? Only way I know is to either have the ability to buy a SCAR 16 CQC, buy a separate factory 10" barrel and swap it in, or to do a barrel chop.

A factory SCAR 16S CQC pistol would be pretty awesome if FN did that.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I've not seen a factory SCAR 16S SBR for sale before, do you have a source? Only way I know is to either have the ability to buy a SCAR 16 CQC, buy a separate factory 10" barrel and swap it in, or to do a barrel chop.

A factory SCAR 16S CQC pistol would be pretty awesome if FN did that.
    I haven’t seen one in a while. They can be found once in a while. LE side so you would need credentials to get it. Former Mil/LE
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Full size SCARs are the most overrated rifle out there. The ergos suck, the 7.62 guns eat optics, the recoil impulse sucks. The charging handle sucks. I could go on and on.

Shout out to FN for finding the only way to make it worse- shorten the barrel to the point of making the already anemic 5.56 round ineffective beyond 100 yards.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Full size SCARs are the most overrated rifle out there. The ergos suck, the 7.62 guns eat optics, the recoil impulse sucks. The charging handle sucks. I could go on and on.

Shout out to FN for finding the only way to make it worse- shorten the barrel to the point of making the already anemic 5.56 round ineffective beyond 100 yards.
    I agree with you on almost everything you said except the size of the 7.5. It’s got cool factor. The gun is obviously for Short range and or truck gun. It’s not meant for much over 100yds. You may not like it but other will and do. Not everyone likes the same stuff and that is ok and a good thing.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123