Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expo Arms M4 RAS Quad Rail Handguard - Carbine Length Review

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I like it.
    Expo partners with good people, like FCD and CMT, to make good things people want. The only reason I haven’t purchased an Expo/CMT M-Lok handguard is that they seem to use 6061 barrel nuts instead of 7075.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I like it.
    Expo partners with good people, like FCD and CMT, to make good things people want. The only reason I haven’t purchased an Expo/CMT M-Lok handguard is that they seem to use 6061 barrel nuts instead of 7075.
    Milspec barrel nuts are 4140 steel...so are BCM, SOLGW, Midwest Ind. etc.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Milspec barrel nuts are 4140 steel...so are BCM, SOLGW, Midwest Ind. etc.
    Yes 👍

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Fantastic! I appreciate the info. I wonder if they are making them for P&S, or if they are just leasing the contract (or something similar).
    Some time ago I remember reading that P&S became Prudent American Technologies. I can’t remember where I saw that, it might have been Reddit or ARFCOM.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm not fanatical about getting a KAC RAS over a P&S myself. As long as I can get a RAS, I'm happy. I went on a frenzy and overpaid for a couple Gunbroker P&S RAS systems a few months back. I'd have saved money by waiting, but couldn't take the chance.
    My OCD would want the KAC, but I’d get the P&S if it was available. I’ve had both, and can’t tell the difference. I suspect these Expo Arms branded rails will be just as good.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 07-19-23 at 22:27.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    My OCD would want the KAC, but I’d get the P&S if it was available. I’ve had both, and can’t tell the difference. I suspect these Expo Arms branded rails will be just as good.
    These licensed RAS units are commodities to me. I'd use any one of them. I actually feel way better not funding C knight reed's car collection when I buy a licensed version.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    These licensed RAS units are commodities to me. I'd use any one of them. I actually feel way better not funding C knight reed's car collection when I buy a licensed version.
    KAC has gone the way of H&K, LMT and Colt. They don’t seem to care about the civilian market at all. I get it, you have to go where the (DOD) money is, but it’s not like they had issues selling RAS and URX handguards. Those were my go to handguards for all my builds, now they’re unobtainium except for the scammers on GunBroker.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    KAC has gone the way of H&K, LMT and Colt. They don’t seem to care about the civilian market at all. I get it, you have to go where the (DOD) money is, but it’s not like they had issues selling RAS and URX handguards. Those were my go to handguards for all my builds, now they’re unobtainium except for the scammers on GunBroker.
    I think KAC is making everything they can, and keeping it in house. The increases quality, profit, and sadly it also slows things down. They are releasing things on a regular basis, but to main KAC dealers, and those places sell out super fast. I know I have wanted a KAC 308 lower for a long time. I've also wanted a newer upper or complete carbine. It just hasn't worked out for me yet.

Colt has been crippled by its own Union, combined with ineffective management. They put out a lot of weapons, but have missed the boat on what the market wants. They have got to understand they are no longer the golden boy for the US military. I do think the newer owners understand this, which is why we are seeing Colt pistols coming out. I would expect to see newer items coming out as CZ gets more involved.

No one knows what goes on with LMT. I have never thought they were against civilian sales, but rather, I think that much like KAC they try to keep everything in house. Which makes sense, but IMHO they need to get some people on the forums who they talk to on a regular basis and can speak for them in an unofficial capacity. Get someone who has access to LMT weapons, because if you look at the pic thread, they aren't seen often. LMT is loved by everyone, but no one seems to own them.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I should say there are other companies stepping in to fill the niche rolls. Centurion Arms is a solid example. Yes, Monty is a good friend, but knowing the things that he has coming out soon, as well as the things he has released and why, its hard not to love them as a company.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Echo: I like Centurion, their approach and their products.

LMT has had people on Reddit and TOS, I think. Definitely some hardcore fanboys. And they were doing some YouTube stuff, I thought. But they get dragged on atrocious QC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12