Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather pants?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Hot weather pants?

I'm looking for some pants to run some classes in this summer. I'm back in school, so money isn't as easy right now. I'd like to stay under $150. Not sure if its a thing, but I use my 11.5 suppressed, and am concerned about the full synthetic pants melting to my legs.
    First priority would be breath ability/cool. Next would be durability.
    I sure appreciate any suggestions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve been wearing this for work for a few years. I don’t know if you’re interested in the zip off leg aspect of them, but pants and shorts in one…! I’ve never tested the against a suppressor, but they’re 22% polyester.

https://www.amazon.com/Carhartt-Forc...s%2C100&sr=8-3

Feedback Score
    You could always get the IHWCU pants. They're not as cool running as some of my preferred pants, but those are more expensive and made of synthetics (Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants, Patagonia Quandary). I use a pair of Propper IHWCU pants for SAR during summer; the ultralight softshells I use for climbing and hiking, where there's a lot less bushwacking involved.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    You could always get the IHWCU pants. They're not as cool running as some of my preferred pants, but those are more expensive and made of synthetics (Outdoor Research Ferrosi Pants, Patagonia Quandary). I use a pair of Propper IHWCU pants for SAR during summer; the ultralight softshells I use for climbing and hiking, where there's a lot less bushwacking involved.
    That’s a good idea, they’re definitely the best hot weather pants I’ve used for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Tru Spec Ascent pants are fantastic for hot weather.

Link

Feedback Score
    Im a big fan of the fjallraven ventillated vidda pros.
    Not sure about melting risk but they are mostly cotton.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So, it seems the light pants for summer are mostly synthetic. Am I over think things with suppressor contact and melting/burning?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Im a big fan of the fjallraven ventillated vidda pros.
    Not sure about melting risk but they are mostly cotton.
    Yes, those are excellent pants. Downside on the vents is no screen or perf'ed lining for protection from brush, bugs, or sun. You're literally wide open.

The ventilated and regular Vidda Pros will take a beating.

One of the things I really liked about the Truspec 24/7 Xpedition knockoff of the Viddas was that they had a screen material over the side and ankle vents for this reason. They are not a lightweight pant, but were solid. Now discontinued.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Yes, those are excellent pants. Downside on the vents is no screen or perf'ed lining for protection from brush, bugs, or sun. You're literally wide open.

The ventilated and regular Vidda Pros will take a beating.

One of the things I really liked about the Truspec 24/7 Xpedition knockoff of the Viddas was that they had a screen material over the side and ankle vents for this reason. They are not a lightweight pant, but were solid. Now discontinued.
    Yeah they have the mesh in the crotch and depending on where/what im doing, ill just open them for a few mins and close them back up.

It may be beneficial to add in some mosquito netting if you have a skill and need for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Yeah they have the mesh in the crotch and depending on where/what im doing, ill just open them for a few mins and close them back up.

It may be beneficial to add in some mosquito netting if you have a skill and need for it.
    Advantage to the Viddas is that there are no treatments or membranes you have to have to worry about penetrating or sealing if you mod or repair them. Just rewax to preference and drive on. Some spots can be harder to get a machine in but easy for a good sew shop.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast