Thread: Hot weather pants?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Im a big fan of the fjallraven ventillated vidda pros.
    Not sure about melting risk but they are mostly cotton.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Im a big fan of the fjallraven ventillated vidda pros.
    Not sure about melting risk but they are mostly cotton.
    Yes, those are excellent pants. Downside on the vents is no screen or perf'ed lining for protection from brush, bugs, or sun. You're literally wide open.

The ventilated and regular Vidda Pros will take a beating.

One of the things I really liked about the Truspec 24/7 Xpedition knockoff of the Viddas was that they had a screen material over the side and ankle vents for this reason. They are not a lightweight pant, but were solid. Now discontinued.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Yes, those are excellent pants. Downside on the vents is no screen or perf'ed lining for protection from brush, bugs, or sun. You're literally wide open.

The ventilated and regular Vidda Pros will take a beating.

One of the things I really liked about the Truspec 24/7 Xpedition knockoff of the Viddas was that they had a screen material over the side and ankle vents for this reason. They are not a lightweight pant, but were solid. Now discontinued.
    Yeah they have the mesh in the crotch and depending on where/what im doing, ill just open them for a few mins and close them back up.

It may be beneficial to add in some mosquito netting if you have a skill and need for it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Yeah they have the mesh in the crotch and depending on where/what im doing, ill just open them for a few mins and close them back up.

It may be beneficial to add in some mosquito netting if you have a skill and need for it.
    Advantage to the Viddas is that there are no treatments or membranes you have to have to worry about penetrating or sealing if you mod or repair them. Just rewax to preference and drive on. Some spots can be harder to get a machine in but easy for a good sew shop.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While I'm not sure how they will hold up if in contact with a suppressor. I have a couple pair of Prana Stretch Zion Pants that have been great. I wear them at the range and on hikes. Living in South Carolina I appreciate how quickly they dry and how lightweight they are. While they are expensive, I found my last pair on ebay for like $35.

You could also try the Kuhl Radikl pants. While not as light as the pranas they do add a bit more durability as they use different materials in higher impact areas with stretch sections in areas that require it (like crye combat pants).

Those are two that I have found work very well for my uses.