Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suppressor mounts for a newb

Feedback Score

Suppressor mounts for a newb

Howdy all
    I’ve been kicking around getting into suppressors for a while and Silencerco got me with their BOGO deal.
    Velos paperwork was signed/submitted today, Omega 300 when it arrives in a few months.

So I have some time to research mounts.
    Hosts are going to be 14.5-20” AR’s in 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel.
    I’d rather something a bit shorter than the ASR mounts and I like what I see from rearden mfg, but I don’t know what’s what truthfully. I know the reardens don’t lock like the ASR do, but is that something I really need?

Anything other than rearden I should consider? Key considerations for me would be flash hider mounts that can pin and weld to a 14.5 to get 16”, and shortest adapters for the cans.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Taper only mounts are pretty well proven by now. I don’t think you need the secondary locking mechanism for any normal consumer uses.

I’d recommend you just use the direct thread base or mount system that comes with the silencer for a while before you start pinning mounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Taper only mounts are pretty well proven by now. I don’t think you need the secondary locking mechanism for any normal consumer uses.

I’d recommend you just use the direct thread base or mount system that comes with the silencer for a while before you start pinning mounts.
    I have a couple that are going to have to be pinned to be used at all, hence the question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You may not end up wanting to use it on every one of your AR’s.

I have never seen any Rearden mount in person. The design doesn’t look bad or anything, I’ve just never seen anyone use it.

One concern of combining the shortest mount and longer muzzle devices for pinning is how much room your silencer has to the first baffle. Definitely something you want to confirm will fit your silencer before you start pinning muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    While we are here, are there ‘families’ of mounts? The comments here read like there are types that will work a few cans, or that cans can work with a few mounts?

The pistol brace to SBR is a gateway drug for me on NFA items with suppressors next on the list. The mounts were my first question.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Many current silencers don’t have a mount permanently built in. The mount to silencer thread is more or less standardized into something called HUB.

So you buy the HUB mount for the family of muzzle devices you want to use.

Feedback Score
    Check out Griffin Armament taper mount devices and Plan A adapters. They have pinnable, extra short, and titanium devices and 3 lengths of Plan A adapters. I agree with the sentiment that secondary locking features are unnecessary.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ODgreenpizza View Post
    Check out Griffin Armament taper mount devices and Plan A adapters. They have pinnable, extra short, and titanium devices and 3 lengths of Plan A adapters. I agree with the sentiment that secondary locking features are unnecessary.
    Yup, I’ve tried a variety of mounts and settled on these a few years ago. I’ll be using them with my Velos and Omega 300 that I BOGOd. Its on 4 of the 6 rifle cans in my safe, already. The other two have permanent/non-replaceable mounts.

Another cool thing about them is they’re readily available in all kinds of thread patterns, so you can use it with some AKs, or a .338 Lapua.

Light, short, inexpensive, available, doesn’t carbon lock, holds the can on well, every type of muzzle jewlery you could want, doesn’t affect accuracy, etc.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here is a list of the top 10 QD systems that have 1.375-24 HUB compatible adapters:

Dead Air - XENO
    Dead Air - Keymo
    Q LLC - Quickie / Plan-B
    Griffin Armament - Dual-LOK
    Griffin Armament - Taper Mount
    YHM - SRX
    YHM - Phantom QD
    Rugged - Dual Taper Lock
    SiCO - ASR
    AAC - 51T Ratchet

Both Dead Air systems and the Q system have aftermarket / other companies making compatible devices.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yup, I’ve tried a variety of mounts and settled on these a few years ago. I’ll be using them with my Velos and Omega 300 that I BOGOd. Its on 4 of the 6 rifle cans in my safe, already. The other two have permanent/non-replaceable mounts.

Another cool thing about them is they’re readily available in all kinds of thread patterns, so you can use it with some AKs, or a .338 Lapua.

Light, short, inexpensive, available, doesn’t carbon lock, holds the can on well, every type of muzzle jewlery you could want, doesn’t affect accuracy, etc.
    Thanks, these look about perfect.
    I was having trouble finding a SiCo Charlie thread adapter but it looks like Griffin has that and everything else covered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast