Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressor mounts for a newb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    Thanks, these look about perfect.
    I was having trouble finding a SiCo Charlie thread adapter but it looks like Griffin has that and everything else covered.
    In case you, or anyone else needs one, ECCO makes a charlie-to-omega adapter, to allow omega/HUB mounts to screw into a charlie/Saker supressor

Feedback Score
    Pertaining to the Rearden mounts. I just bought their Atlas mount and three MDs for a Otter Creek Labs Polonium can. I only have a few hundred rounds through the setup on my 14.5 but really like it a lot. The first time I shot it this past weekend I didn't lube the MD because honestly I was more worried about the can backing off than I was it locking up. I put it on hand tight and bottomed it out against the collar on the MD. Put a wrench on to cinch it down a bit more but there was no play left. Checked it intermittently during the course of 200 rounds and it never walked. Had to use a wrench to give it a bit of a nudge to break it loose when done but nothing crazy. I am using the standard Atlas and it adds very little length to the setup compared to the direct thread. I'm a big fan so far. The can is still in jail so my testing is limited to the range at the shop so no hard use just yet. This weekend I'll be trying it out on the 10.5 and 11.5.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Here is a list of the top 10 QD systems that have 1.375-24 HUB compatible adapters:

Dead Air - XENO
    Dead Air - Keymo
    Q LLC - Quickie / Plan-B
    Griffin Armament - Dual-LOK
    Griffin Armament - Taper Mount
    YHM - SRX
    YHM - Phantom QD
    Rugged - Dual Taper Lock
    SiCO - ASR
    AAC - 51T Ratchet

Both Dead Air systems and the Q system have aftermarket / other companies making compatible devices.
    I've got a pinned 51T on a Noveske, you're saying an adapter will let me use other cans on it? AAC died and recently came back but product is nowhere.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes, this is true.

https://advanced-armament.com/shop/a...t-a-m-p-mount/

However, depending on the situation, it may be better to swap the muzzle device and do a HUB mount conversion on the suppressor.
    https://www.eccomachine.net/product/...rsion-service/

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I've got a pinned 51T on a Noveske, you're saying an adapter will let me use other cans on it? AAC died and recently came back but product is nowhere.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I switched to the Rearden/Liberty Precision Machine mounts with the Rearden Atlas adapter and have no plans of every going back to anything else. They are a take on the Q Plan B taper lock, which is a proven design and locks on very well. They're shorter and lighter than nearly all other QD systems, and they just work. Rearden does make an extended Atlas adapter for longer muzzle devices if needed for some of the pinned devices.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

Yes, this is true.

However, depending on the situation, it may be better to swap the muzzle device and do a HUB conversion on the can.
    https://www.eccomachine.net/product/...rsion-service/
    Thank you, I've been living under a rock as I would never have guessed an industry standard would actually come to the world of suppressors. The hub conversion seems a reasonably priced future proof upgrade to my rifle suppressor 7.62TI (Direct Thread) and all go forward suppressor purchases. My .22 & .45 cans are direct thread as I could never settle on which companies proprietary mounts to pick.

Read up on the EM site and they go into more detail and history of the HUB standard.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12