Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Takedown Pin Won’t Fully Insert with New Upper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any chance you could provide a photo of what you did to resolve the problem? It might make it easier for other down the road to understand it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Sure (once I get up to speed on posting pics). It will be on the spare pin though. The original is back on the lower with the upper back on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to see you got it fixed. Regarding coarseness, I don't recall at the moment though I'm sure it was a finer grade. But even a more coarse grit is not gonna do too much if a person uses any degree of caution at all. As stated before, this product is forgiving and very simple to use. I find them to be more in the family of finishing stone. I reckon you went the smarter / potentially cheaper route by doing the pin. I always did the holes with a few trial fits til completed.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My NodakSpud lower is a tight fit with every upper I on it, including the BCM upper use it with. I tapped the takedown pin in and out with a plastic hammer and punch until I could insert the pin by hand. I can pull the pin by hand (with difficulty) now, but usually just use a pmag to tap and pry it.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Glad to see you got it fixed. Regarding coarseness, I don't recall at the moment though I'm sure it was a finer grade. But even a more coarse grit is not gonna do too much if a person uses any degree of caution at all. As stated before, this product is forgiving and very simple to use. I find them to be more in the family of finishing stone. I reckon you went the smarter / potentially cheaper route by doing the pin. I always did the holes with a few trial fits til completed.
    Truth be told, I couldn’t find any cratex bits locally, so I went with this since I had a Dremel already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    My NodakSpud lower is a tight fit with every upper I on it, including the BCM upper use it with. I tapped the takedown pin in and out with a plastic hammer and punch until I could insert the pin by hand. I can pull the pin by hand (with difficulty) now, but usually just use a pmag to tap and pry it.

Andy
    I guess that’s another way to think about it. How often do you really take the receivers apart?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    Any chance you could provide a photo of what you did to resolve the problem? It might make it easier for other down the road to understand it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I Dremelled this part (red line) flat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12