Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM receiver extension canted

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    yeah, I'm going to send an email to them now. I started the thread mostly as a "hey guys, is this severe enough for me to bring to their attention? or will they just tell me to bite a sock off of this amount of cant" as I can be sometimes a little over perfectionistic.... might as well hit them up and see what they say since it seems to be severe enough to irritate most people

as for receiver extension cant being a thing. Yeah it easily can be. there's always tolerancen stacking in the fitment of the end plate little tang that fits into the receiver extension groove. you can usually clock it 2-3 degrees either direction with many of them and if you aren't holding it still when torquing down, the receiver extension can slip a bit and clock to the left as it's torgued down. That can be an issue if there is too much play between the parts, OR if the person puts some heavier than normal torgue onto the castle nut. That means it actually torgues the extension around and gouges the threads onto the end plate "tang" a bit allowing the buffer tube to turn further than it's supposed to. Kind of the RE version of over torquing a barrel nut and having the FSB becoming canted. It's almost impossible to be PERFECTLY level and on point (if you look very closely at most receiver extensions there is like 1/2 to 1 degree cant either direction) but I haven't seen it that much before on a factory lower from a well known mfger

I had it happen a few times with my own receivers back in the day, but never with a higher end one like BCM or SOLGW or DD. I sadly didn't look at the receiver extension when I got it because I had about half a dozen BCM lowers and never seen it before.
    And that is what usually happens.
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 07-29-23 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Thats a GREAT price for that Blue jig.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Best money I’ve ever spent! This is the exact setup I use and it works extremely well.

https://www.thecountryshed.com/ar15toolkit-1.html

That is the exact set I ordered from Country Shed. Fast shipping from a good company. The armorers wrench is meh, but everything else is worth the money.

If you decide to purchase it, make sure you adjust the top screws first on the buffer tube and then the lower screw. There’s a YouTube video on how to properly set it up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    Calling Cliff556 lol!

Painful! As to the price and only 1 left in Stock, but alas I must admit I bought 2 of these about 2 years ago and they flat out work PERFECTLY, as do the "whole lot" cheaper Blue versions..

https://shop.taconesports.com/produc...e-jig/#reviews
    Hahaha!

I didn't check here last night before I went to bed, I should have @ed you in the mirror thread to this one over on TOS.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the link...I grabbed one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    dang?? is that blue one only $26 or am I smoking the good stuff too early in the day? lol.

it looks nice, I wish that was available 7 years ago when before my nerve damaged when I was rolling my own.....sheeesh

well, I sent the email off to BCM this morning, we'll see what they say.
    Last edited by msedward43; 07-29-23 at 13:54.

Feedback Score
    well, thanks for the advice guys. I sent BCM a message over the weekend and they responded back today and said that I could send it in for them to repair/fix it. with the shake nerve damage I have in my left arm I figured that if they're footing the shipping back and forth I'll let them fix it instead of doing it msyelf. In the mail on the way back to them as we speak

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    If you decide to purchase it, make sure you adjust the top screws first on the buffer tube and then the lower screw. There’s a YouTube video on how to properly set it up.
    I stripped the bottom screw the first time I used the jig. After cursing the Chinesium I noted that it seemed to work fine without it. Do you think that screw is important?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    well, thanks for the advice guys. I sent BCM a message over the weekend and they responded back today and said that I could send it in for them to repair/fix it. with the shake nerve damage I have in my left arm I figured that if they're footing the shipping back and forth I'll let them fix it instead of doing it msyelf. In the mail on the way back to them as we speak
    Good deal, I was wondering if they would take care of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Good deal, I was wondering if they would take care of it.

yeah, the CS rep stated he didn't think it would be a problem at all, but because it was so noticeable to the eye that they'd be happy to take it back and repair it. I'll of course update when I get the receiver back from them. But BCM so far has never let me down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast