Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BCM receiver extension canted

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by msedward43 View Post
    nooooooooooooooooooo!!! mine's worse!!!!!! lol.

I've also noticed that it depends on what stock is on the tube that will make it more or less obvious. stocks like the MOE SL and the ACSL that are tight fighting and both have that thick top and that narrowing tip that makes it show up a lot more. That narrowing tip makes it point like an arrow, but sloppy fitting stocks with a more rounded profile like the regular MOE or the Mil-spec colt style stocks make it less obvious. I noticed that over the years when I was working on my own tubes as I could change the stock and notice the cant more or less depending on if I put on the SL or the regular MOE one lol
    That could be why it wasn't photographing well, the one I was trying to take a picture of has a Magpul MOE stock on it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm curious to hear how that will work out for the OP as well. At the last shop I worked at, we had a gunsmith shop on site. We would have taken it in to the gunsmith shop and shipped it out for repair. That way when it came back he could have simply come in and picked it up. However, based on what he's saying, I'm willing to bet the receiving FFL will take it in on their books and will make him fill out a 4473 and pay a transfer fee to get it back.
    He's absolutely going to have to do a 4473 and get a NICS proceed in order to get it back from the FFL. Whether or not he is required to pay a transfer fee is to the discretion of the receiving FFL. (we wouldn't charge in this instance, but some do)

If it's on-site gunsmith/repair work, you can give it back to the person it came from without a 4473, but only the person it came from. I.e. it has to be logged in and back out to the identical individual. All other circumstances require a 4473 and NICS proceed.

But this didn't come in from him, it came in from BCM.

Where it really gets fun is when the owner comes back NICS denied on retrieval....
    Last edited by kerplode; 08-18-23 at 12:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    That could be why it wasn't photographing well, the one I was trying to take a picture of has a Magpul MOE stock on it.
    I think it also has to do with how much play on the tube it has too. the friction locking ones like the SL and the ACS-L both lock it to the tube, so it's forced in the cant'd direction at all times, but a looser fitting stock would have play and allow it to swing back to zero and mask some of it. for example. here's the same tube with the ACS L on it, and with the MOE on it.

ACS-L

now with the MOE

Last edited by msedward43; 08-18-23 at 12:41.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    He's absolutely going to have to do a 4473 and get a NICS proceed in order to get it back from the FFL. Whether or not he is required to pay a transfer fee is to the discretion of the receiving FFL. (we wouldn't charge in this instance, but some do)

If it's on-site gunsmith/repair work, you can give it back to the person it came from without a 4473, but only the person it came from. I.e. it has to be logged in and back out to the identical individual. All other circumstances require a 4473 and NICS proceed.

But this didn't come in from him, it came in from BCM.

Where it really gets fun is when the owner comes back NICS denied on retrieval....
    and this is why I actually got my CCW years ago. bypass the NICS check and just fill out the 4473.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    and this is why I actually got my CCW years ago. bypass the NICS check and just fill out the 4473.
    Sweet...Yeah, I like that feature about some state's CCW laws. Here in the Land of Entitlement, having a CCW doesn't do shit for you as far as NICS goes. C'est la vie.

Glad BCM got you fixed up and it wasn't too much of an ass-ache for you to get it back!

Feedback Score
    I think it also has to do with how much play on the tube it has too. the friction locking ones like the SL and the ACS-L both lock it to the tube, so it's forced in the cant'd direction at all times, but a looser fitting stock would have play and allow it to swing back to zero and mask some of it. for example. here's the same tube with the ACS L on it, and with the MOE on it.

ACS-L

now with the MOE

That shot with the MOE stock looks nearly identical to what I can see with my eye on that one Colt I tried taking pictures of. So with that I'd say you're in the same ball park for cant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    Sweet...Yeah, I like that feature about some state's CCW laws. Here in the Land of Entitlement, having a CCW doesn't do shit for you as far as NICS goes. C'est la vie.

Glad BCM got you fixed up and it wasn't too much of an ass-ache for you to get it back!
    yeah, Arizona does have some benefits to their CCW. we have constitutional carry and I did WANT the CCW for that piece of mind of being able to carry near schools etc without worrying what some crazy judge would do if I was forced to use my sidearm, but 95% of the reason I paid the state their blood money was so that I could bypass the nics and dnot worry about spending 30 minutes on a sluggish check, or god fobid get a false negative. Now I just fill out the 4473 and spend more time jawing about what gun I'm getting from my ffl than worry about stupid "what ifs".
    Last edited by msedward43; 08-18-23 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    That shot with the MOE stock looks nearly identical to what I can see with my eye on that one Colt I tried taking pictures of. So with that I'd say you're in the same ball park for cant.

haha, then I feel better.

again, I KNOW that it's not going to cause a malfunction or something, I'm just mildly annoyed at myself for not finding that one and comparing as I could have sent both off to BCM at the same time since they were issuing an RMA already. Aw well. SOTAR even did a video about this like 6 months ago telling people "don't worry, it's just cosmetic", but hey, I've vented on here and got the one that was most egregious fixed, so c'est la vie lol
    Last edited by msedward43; 08-18-23 at 13:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hopefully they reverse it soon as they have done with several other anti-gun policies which turned out to bite them in the ass
    What have they dumped? Prior to the late 90's you could ship pistols standard UPS for just a few bucks, but due to employees stealing packages they switched it to next day air only which doesn't eliminate thieves from stealing of course.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456