Thread: Starline Brass on Sale at Cabelas

Feedback Score

Starline Brass on Sale at Cabelas

There are some pretty good deals on Starline brass right now at Cabelas. 45-70 is $20 off a 100 count bag, and there are several others:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/star...ed-rifle-brass

Also some deals on pistol brass.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/star...d-pistol-brass

And free shipping on $50 orders:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    A lot of that stuff was a good bit cheaper if buying directly from Starline.

Even bigger savings if you buy in bigger quantities...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    A lot of that stuff was a good bit cheaper if buying directly from Starline.

Even bigger savings if you buy in bigger quantities...
    Not with these current sale prices. The cartridges on sale are within a penny or two of the website, but you can buy in 100 piece bags versus 500 piece. And if you qual, you get additional 10% military discount. Starline may also offer that, I don’t know.

Cabelas is $22.95/100 for 10MM and Starline website is $117/500 ($0.23 per piece).

Just wanted to share…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Not with these current sale prices. The cartridges on sale are within a penny or two of the website, but you can buy in 100 piece bags versus 500 piece.
    Agree that 'some' were a tiny bit cheaper at Cabelas but others were not. Would be wise to check both places before ordering and also consider the shipping charges as well... (shipping is included in the Starline direct prices and not something 'extra' added on later in the checkout)

The best deals I ever got on Starline brass were a few years ago at Midway shopping in their 'clearance' section. They were dumping Starline brass at 1/2 of what it would have cost me to buy from Starline directly in bulk. First it was 9mm brass for dirt cheap so I laid in on that. A few weeks later it was nickel 9mm so I laid in again. A few weeks later it was nickel 45acp so I laid in again. I stopped buying and visiting the Midway site for a long time after they ran the 460 Rowland brass on clearance for half of what Starline wanted...

Had to ditch fast food and eating out for a few years after all that but it was worth it. (pretty sure I have enough 460 brass to ruin at least a few pistols now)

Something I noticed buying bulk brass from Midway back then - They don't 'count' squat by hand or machine. They count by weight and you usually get a lot more than what was advertised. (1127 pcs instead of 1000 in one of my examples) Every purchase I have ever made with Starline directly was usually over as well but only by a couple of pieces. Nowhere near like the 'overage' at Midway...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Agree that 'some' were a tiny bit cheaper at Cabelas but others were not. Would be wise to check both places before ordering and also consider the shipping charges as well... (shipping is included in the Starline direct prices and not something 'extra' added on later in the checkout)

The best deals I ever got on Starline brass were a few years ago at Midway shopping in their 'clearance' section. They were dumping Starline brass at 1/2 of what it would have cost me to buy from Starline directly in bulk. First it was 9mm brass for dirt cheap so I laid in on that. A few weeks later it was nickel 9mm so I laid in again. A few weeks later it was nickel 45acp so I laid in again. I stopped buying and visiting the Midway site for a long time after they ran the 460 Rowland brass on clearance for half of what Starline wanted...

Had to ditch fast food and eating out for a few years after all that but it was worth it. (pretty sure I have enough 460 brass to ruin at least a few pistols now)

Something I noticed buying bulk brass from Midway back then - They don't 'count' squat by hand or machine. They count by weight and you usually get a lot more than what was advertised. (1127 pcs instead of 1000 in one of my examples) Every purchase I have ever made with Starline directly was usually over as well but only by a couple of pieces. Nowhere near like the 'overage' at Midway...
    Thanks. I’ll keep an eye out for that on Midway.

I get the Cabelas isn’t as cheap, but just makes it easier for me who only wants a few hundred rounds at a time.

And yes, Starline bags always have a few bonus pieces…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Thanks. I’ll keep an eye out for that on Midway.

I get the Cabelas isn’t as cheap, but just makes it easier for me who only wants a few hundred rounds at a time.

And yes, Starline bags always have a few bonus pieces…

I 'was' doing pretty good at NOT spending a lot of time looking at reloading stuff or spending money on reloading components here for a good while until I found this thread here and got into the discussion you started.

When I would feel the urge to start shopping I would tell myself to stop, think about it (current prices being high is not a good time to be stocking and such), and shoot more with what I have on hand now and worry about restocking later...

Your thread pretty much caused me to go to the Starline website and have my latest budget accident dude. Would have never went there in the first place if not for you getting me curious so... Yeah, pretty much your fault that my ass is going to be eating stuff that 'should' be dog scraps for a while now (while the dogs will get far fewer freaking scraps!) while I try to make up the hit that I did not really need right now. (on a budget and all)

The girls are not happy about this shit. (that you started)

That stuff is freakin rare for a long time now at Starline. Think rare as in years...

Hell yes, I am buying some of that!