Thread: MDRX Desert Tactical

Feedback Score

MDRX Desert Tactical

So i took the plunge and bought a MDRX to test it out. The rifle is 5.56 and will be the test piece to see how it works. I got the side eject to keep things simple. If it passes the test next will be a 308 conversion kit.

Anyone here own a MDRX?

Feedback Score
    I don't own one but am interested in hearing how it goes for you.

Feedback Score
    If you don't mind my asking, what did you fork over for yours Yoni? Any I've seen were $2200+.

Being the "IDF" type of guy you are, what made you pass over the Tavor (unless you already have one of course)?

I was weighing the Tavor, MDRX, and Hellion as my first bullpup purchase. I went with the Hellion, but haven't shot it yet. The MDRX was a little pricey IMO for what it is, and being a lefty (shooting-wise, not politics!) I could not find a factory left-hand Tavor in stock and also couldn't find the left-hand conversion kit either.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I am way to old to have carried a Tavor in anger.

I did shoot the prototype back in the day and review it.

The MDRX give so much more flexibility over the Tavor. Size, caliber , that it has some advantages for some time of jobs.

The MDRX seems to get substantially more accurate than the X95. Which I think is a good thing. The MDRX comes with a trigger that is supposed to be very good and if it isn't good enough the after market has provided one that is supposed to be fantastic 2.5 to 3.5 adjustable trigger from what I read.

If it runs and meets the accuracy I am desiring to acheive then it is a keeper if it doesn't it will be for sale.

I bought a package deal from the FFL Chassis, 5.56 conversion, Micron conversion all for $2200. So I got a very good deal.