Thread: Hornady 255gr 7.62x39 subsonic

Feedback Score

Hornady 255gr 7.62x39 subsonic

To my knowledge, subsonic 7.62x39 that will reliably cycle a rifle hasn't really been available. I think this coupled with past reliability issues associated with running 7.62x39 in AR15's is what gave rise to 300 Blackout. Hornady is now offering a 255gr subsonic 7.62x39 load.
    https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/r...-x-subsonic#!/

I'm interested to hear if anyone has used this ammunition. If so, how did it perform? Does it actually cycle rifles? If it runs well, I'll actually take the leap of getting a 30Cal suppressor.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The real question is will it stabilize with typical AK twist.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    The real question is will it stabilize with typical AK twist.
    This has been my question. I'd like to get a pile of it, though for $2/round I won't be doing that any time soon. At some point I'm going to get a couple boxes of all the subsonic x39 I can find and try them on paper at 3 to 25 yards to see if I get any keyholing.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    My thought regarding testing other 7.62x39 is that it doesn't matter if it won't reliably cycle the action of the rifle it's used in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    My thought regarding testing other 7.62x39 is that it doesn't matter if it won't reliably cycle the action of the rifle it's used in.
    From what I read, all the newer subsonic 7.62x39 rounds claim to be able to cycle. I imagine this to be true, and even more so if using a traditional baffle high backpressure suppressor.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    What were the issues with the Brown Bear subs that have been out for a while, but always seem to be out of stock?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell