Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tourniquet Mounted on Holster

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Tourniquet Mounted on Holster

Posted this after seeing Sig video in GD. I am having trouble understanding why anything would be attached to an open carry holster unless it aids in pistol retention or protection. Granted, I also don't carry a gun for a living.

Would/do you mount a tourniquet or other object on your holster and why?

Thanks

Andy

Feedback Score
    Duty belts are full as is, it doesn't interfere with access or retention.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Posted this after seeing Sig video in GD. I am having trouble understanding why anything would be attached to an open carry holster unless it aids in pistol retention or protection. Granted, I also don't carry a gun for a living.

TQs on holsters are popular. Normally not a problem, but I've wondered about potential for interference and displacement in a ground fight. I like the holster clean and clear of anything around it.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    It's an easy place to carry one that is both easy to reach with either hand as well as doesn't interfere with access to anything else on a duty rig. From a uniformity perspective, if everyone carries a TQ in the same location, that makes buddy aid significantly easier...especially in the high stress world of treating friends and colleagues and time is of the essence.

I've carried TQs on buttstocks (still do on my home defense rifle), as well as on a holster. Carry them where you can get to them and know how to use them correctly, that's all that matters.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Because as with 99% of tourniquets sold... IT'S A FASHION ACCESSORY for "Look at me Syndrome" Retards.

How else are people going to know how high speed you are of you don't flaunt that shit!!
    Last edited by markm; 08-08-23 at 09:15.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    So I've done a few classes with local area swat guys who have a tourniquet attached to their safarilands, and I get the ideology that its right next to your pistol and is unobstructed for you to easily reach down and grab, but I would agree with @Hush, I don't like anymore weight or bulk added to my leg or thighs when I can have them on my belt of hips, plus as joe civilian I'm not carrying as much bulky gear as a swat guy would.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Because as with 99% of tourniquets sold... IT'S A FASHION ACCESSORY for "Look at me Syndrome" Retards.

How else are people going to know how high speed you are of you don't flaunt that shit!!
    The CAT appeared to have been issued to the LEOs in the video in question, and position seems to have been fairly standardized, as other LEOs from the same department were shown to also have a CAT attached to the front of their holsters.

I would wager that the vast majority of TQs sold are in fact not fashion accessories, but medical equipment that is issued to agencies and institutions.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I would wager that the vast majority of TQs sold are in fact not fashion accessories, but medical equipment that is issued to agencies and institutions.
    I completely agree, but to Markm's point, the instagram/ reddit larpers are all over the internet with their retracted PVS14s attached to their Team Wendy helmets with the sun showing in the background.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I understand where Markm is coming from, these were championed by Centrifuge all over their Instagram page. Petty has become internet famous in LE circles for revising tactics around vehicles. I have been to their VCQB class and it was easily some of the best training I have been to. The curriculum is laid out, the objectives are clear, and it is a lot more than just shooting cars for fun.

I tried out the RDR Gear TQ holster attachment and I was a big fan for the reasons stated. However, I didn't follow the instructions to a T, and the threads backed out because I did not loctite/vibratite it down.

I have carried tourniquets holster mounted, vest mounted, belt mounted, ankle mounted, pocket, and on the holster. I think the holster mounted is the easiest place to remember, sure it's bulky, but you also won't forget where it is. If youre open carrying, bulk doesn't really matter. I'm way more worried about the people who carry them and don't properly stage them. Find your system and train with it.

And for what it's worth, these tourniquets are in a dedicated TQ holster attached to the pistol holster. There's nothing to hang off and get caught.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    I have carried tourniquets holster mounted, vest mounted, belt mounted, ankle mounted, pocket, and on the holster. I think the holster mounted is the easiest place to remember, sure it's bulky, but you also won't forget where it is. If youre open carrying, bulk doesn't really matter. I'm way more worried about the people who carry them and don't properly stage them. Find your system and train with it.

And for what it's worth, these tourniquets are in a dedicated TQ holster attached to the pistol holster. There's nothing to hang off and get caught.
    Bulk does matter, even in open carry. It makes many things more annoying and/or difficult, such as vehicle bailouts, urban prone, or entangled fights. Having a TQ pouch doesn't prevent snagging from occurring, I've snagged my Eleven10 on many things before (albeit not in a holster mount). Not saying that putting a TQ on a holster is a bad idea, just that it does have its drawbacks, even if it does also have a lot of strengths, too.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast