Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cheap but decent accessories: Watches and Eyewear

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am a big fan of the Casio solar G-Shock watches, as others have mentioned. I have one that was in a Louisiana store that was destroyed by Katrina. It was buried underwater and rubble for three weeks.

I bought it for $20 from the insurance folks that salvaged the goods from the store. It still runs like a champ 18 years later. I have basically tried to kill it and failed.

If you have the extra cash, Christopher Ward and Sangin Instruments also make extremely reliable time pieces. I also have a Marathon GSAR like markm, and have failed to kill it.

I do love the "classy elegant understated look". My daily wear is a 1998 stainless steel Rolex no-date Submariner. I love that watch, it works with everything from a tux to cargo shorts.
    That's what I basically ended up doing. I bought a G-Shock with built in digital compass for around $45 on Amazon, its the same one I had in when I was in. I'm probably going to buy a nice Citizen that I can wear with a suite or something I can have on during a meeting with clients and customers, but then when it comes to helping out with the actual hardware portion of my work, I can take off or rock my G-Shock. I'm not a watch collector, nor do I need another thing taking up my time and money, I just want something that works well until I inevitably end up breaking it
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I've had a couple watches for sale- protrek and a mudman. PM if interested in prices or pics.

Feedback Score
    They aren’t cheap but they’re all but but proof, Randolph sunglasses. They’re worth every Penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    They aren’t cheap but they’re all but but proof, Randolph sunglasses. They’re worth every Penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have kicked myself for ~five years for not buying a couple pairs of AO before they were bought out and tripled prices.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234