Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap but decent accessories: Watches and Eyewear

Feedback Score
    ESS sunglasses are great, offer ballistic lenses, made by and comparible to Oakley and many have interchangeable lenses. The Rollbars are my favorite, I have polarized and non polarized lenses to swap.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Of all the stuff I break, Sunglasses will last me like 5 years for what ever reason. I've only had to buy a pair twice in 8-10 years.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I have those Magpul glasses. They're great. Simple but stylish. I have used ESS in the past but last time I went to buy replacement lenses they were out of stock for months.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    “Cheap” is a very relative term.

Primary Arms has Leupold sunglasses on sale currently. They look nice. I bought a like new pair Skeleton Decoys; they’ve become my go to.

Honestly, for a cheap, solid watch, I really like my Casio MDV-106. I stole the rubber straps for a Citizen Eco-drive and use a “James Bond” NATO strap with the Casio. I wear the Casio to work in a corporate office, yard work at home, swimming with the kids, hiking, whatever. And I don’t care if it gets dinged up.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Have you heard of Distil Union sunglasses.

This guy reviews them on his Youtube.... Go to 24:28 --- With me and sunglasses it's buy once cry twice because I can break or lose every pair I have ever owned. My last Costa's I actually broke once, broke twice, lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knkkTSGvWs 24:28

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I miss the days when I used to find NIB Oakley mil sets for $35 Nowdays I just go on Fleabay and pick up Wiley X's, my Talon's in use for a couple/three years just had a leg brake off and I picked up a new set for $50. Right now I am using Wiley X Vapor's as I have several new sets squirreled away in my handpro/eyepro box. I consider eyepro as disposable items, sooner or later they are going to brake, get lost or lens become unserviceable so best to have back ups.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the responses. I really appreciate it, some great finds on here for sure, what this tells me is that this, like most things in life, takes more digging into and isn't so simple. I did find lots of cool sun glasses and watches, now I need to weigh my options
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    + 1 for the casio g-shock. I have been using a $40 g-shock that is going on year 9. My Suunto on the other hand has been less that dependable and the buttons stick. Since you are a veteran, check out govx or expertvoice as they have all kinds of good deals on watches and sunglasses.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0331 View Post
    + 1 for the casio g-shock. I have been using a $40 g-shock that is going on year 9. My Suunto on the other hand has been less that dependable and the buttons stick. Since you are a veteran, check out govx or expertvoice as they have all kinds of good deals on watches and sunglasses.
    That surprises me. My daily wear/outdoors/fishing watch is a Suunto Traverse Alpha and it's been very reliable for the past 7 years now.

My dress watch is a Tag, but I wear it so rarely that I've been tempted to sell it. I'm really intrigued by the Garmin quatix 7X Solar Edition. That would cover my dress, daily and outdoor needs. The bonus is that it would control some functions on my Garmin Force trolling motor and 126sv sonar/chartplotters. But, $1,100 is a LOT of money for a battery-operated watch I'd be wearing outdoors, so I'm reluctant to pull that trigger.

As for sunglasses, Revos are my go-to, but my Rx range glasses are Bollé.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My dress watch is a Tag, but I wear it so rarely that I've been tempted to sell it. I'm really intrigued by the Garmin quatix 7X Solar Edition. That would cover my dress, daily and outdoor needs. The bonus is that it would control some functions on my Garmin Force trolling motor and 126sv sonar/chartplotters. But, $1,100 is a LOT of money for a battery-operated watch I'd be wearing outdoors, so I'm reluctant to pull that trigger.
    A 51mm watch as a dress watch is obscene, just... don't.

As for durability, FWIW, sample of 1, but my Garmin tactix Delta has weathered all the abuse I've thrown at it no problem. I've had it for three years now, and while the bezel is pretty scratched up and one of the silicone straps is starting to come apart, the rest of the watch is ticking along just fine; I've kept it on when I'm shooting, running, rock climbing, doing SAR, hiking, mountaineering, etc.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 08-29-23 at 15:51.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast