Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cheap but decent accessories: Watches and Eyewear

Feedback Score
    Everything is relative; 'cheap' is a word that, as far as I'm concerned, does not apply to watches. Some of us are watch collectors and enjoy having a variety of fine timepieces. My inexpensive 'travel watch' is a Tudor Pelagos.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by henri View Post
    My inexpensive 'travel watch' is a Tudor Pelagos.
    I was just eye balling that watch online today.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Everything is relative; 'cheap' is a word that, as far as I'm concerned, does not apply to watches. Some of us are watch collectors and enjoy having a variety of fine timepieces. My inexpensive 'travel watch' is a Tudor Pelagos.
    Gorgeous, but for that money been eyeing a Bremont.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Gorgeous, but for that money been eyeing a Bremont.
    The Bremont supermarine is beautiful indeed, its the only thing the Brits do right ! Bremont is also fairly new, only been around since 2000/ 2002 if I recall. As opposed to Rolex, started in London in early 1900's before going to Geneva around 1920 or so, then theres Breguet early 1800's, Audemars Piguet 1870's, Panerai 1860's and the list goes on.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The Bremont supermarine is beautiful indeed, its the only thing the Brits do right ! Bremont is also fairly new, only been around since 2000/ 2002 if I recall. As opposed to Rolex, started in London in early 1900's before going to Geneva around 1920 or so, then theres Breguet early 1800's, Audemars Piguet 1870's, Panerai 1860's and the list goes on.
    Only Bremont I like is the watch that put them on the map, the MBII. Always considered the brand wildly over priced myself. A new comer using a modified off the shelf movement - ETA's 2836-2 with 38 hours of power reserve - for 5k? That's a no for me.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Only Bremont I like is the watch that put them on the map, the MBII. Always considered the brand wildly over priced myself. A new comer using a modified off the shelf movement - ETA's 2836-2 with 38 hours of power reserve - for 5k? That's a no for me.
    Hence my choice of the pelagos for a travel watch :-)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hence my choice of the pelagos for a travel watch :-)
    I had a Black Bay as a DW/travel watch at one time. I'd gone to look at the Pelegos, didn't like it on the wrist as much as I'd hoped, liked the Black Bay more and got that. Sold it last year ish. My current DW/Travel watch is a Farer, best value going right now in my view.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I had a Black Bay as a DW/travel watch at one time. I'd gone to look at the Pelegos, didn't like it on the wrist as much as I'd hoped, liked the Black Bay more and got that. Sold it last year ish. My current DW/Travel watch is a Farer, best value going right now in my view.
    Few people are familiar with Farer ….. actually have a Biarritz, it was roughly 700 British pounds; cool looking watch, it was an impulse buy in London a few months back.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Few people are familiar with Farer ….. actually have a Biarritz, it was roughly 700 British pounds; cool looking watch, it was an impulse buy in London a few months back.
    I have two watches from them now and did reviews of both on my YT channel. I compare one to the Tudor, and it's a better watch than the Tudor all around, which was why I sold the Tudor. Farer sells our rapidly, so enough people are aware of them to make them a top selling micro brand.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I am a big fan of the Casio solar G-Shock watches, as others have mentioned. I have one that was in a Louisiana store that was destroyed by Katrina. It was buried underwater and rubble for three weeks.

I bought it for $20 from the insurance folks that salvaged the goods from the store. It still runs like a champ 18 years later. I have basically tried to kill it and failed.

If you have the extra cash, Christopher Ward and Sangin Instruments also make extremely reliable time pieces. I also have a Marathon GSAR like markm, and have failed to kill it.

I do love the "classy elegant understated look". My daily wear is a 1998 stainless steel Rolex no-date Submariner. I love that watch, it works with everything from a tux to cargo shorts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast