Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for suppressor owners

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question for suppressor owners

So I have a suppressor at a local gun shop waiting on approval. I stopped in the other week to pick up the muzzle device to install. So I call today about going in to have them check the bore alignment and fire a few rounds through it. I was told that they couldn’t do anything to it until I’m actually approved. Does that jive with your experience? Are they legally not allowed to put a guide rod into a suppressor until I’m approved and it’s mine?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Complete BS. A local shop here would take dudes into the desert to run their cans prior to the stamp coming in.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Complete BS. A local shop here would take dudes into the desert to run their cans prior to the stamp coming in.
    They’re fine with me coming in to shoot it. They just won’t put an alignment rod in it until it’s approved. They won’t even let me use their rod to check it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IME, depends on the shop. I know many people who have gone in and been able to 'test' theirs.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    They’re fine with me coming in to shoot it. They just won’t put an alignment rod in it until it’s approved. They won’t even let me use their rod to check it.
    That makes no sense. But for if it were me, I wouldn't even care to mess with it as all til the stamp came in.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sounds like they just don't want to accept any liability if there's an issue.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Sounds like they just don't want to accept any liability if there's an issue.

That’s kind of how I took it. I’ve got to wonder what can go wrong with sliding a small metal rod into a hole? They would have to be some ham handed morons to damage anything. A called a buddy and he has a rod, so I’ll just go in and do it myself.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It's not about them damaging anything. I believe they're trying to avoid any liability if there turns out to be any alignment issues since you'd most likely feel they were responsible since they checked and verified things to be okay

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question for suppressor owners

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    It's not about them damaging anything. I believe they're trying to avoid any liability if there turns out to be any alignment issues since you'd most likely feel they were responsible since they checked and verified things to be okay

I don’t know how I or anyone could consider them liable. They didn’t make the barrel or suppressor. I would like to ask them if all the customers with suppressors bring their own rods or just come in and fire away.

Feedback Score
    I'm sure that 98% just fire away. I would tell you that I don't use alignment rods to check and have never had an issue. However, I'm not going to do that because it's a sure-fire way to get a baffle strike.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast