Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great video.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I like GT but didn't watch it. The M4A1 killed more bad guys in relatively recent times than the M16/M16A1 did in Vietnam?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I like GT but didn't watch it. The M4A1 killed more bad guys in relatively recent times than the M16/M16A1 did in Vietnam?
    More rounds fired in Nam. Probably 3% actually aimed at the enemy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan vs 10 in Vietnam. Not to mention Syria and Africa...
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan vs 10 in Vietnam. Not to mention Syria and Africa...
    Potential targets were much, much more plentiful and abound in Vietnam along with a ton more friendlies deployed at any given time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Potential targets were much, much more plentiful and abound in Vietnam along with a ton more friendlies deployed at any given time.
    The VC are the most equivalent to the Iraqi insurgents and Taliban, but we did not face an equivalent to the NVA in the GWOT. Using just ground forces, we lost 51,000 KIA in Vietnam (38,000 Army and 13,000 USMC). We haven't lost nearly that many (thank God) in the ME or Africa. The VC and NVA lost (conservatively) close to 1 million KIA, low-end estimates are 500K. The majority were probably from artillery and bombing, but when you look at our casualties also the cost is clear. Since the M16 was the most-issued weapon by our forces, and allowing for factoring out 7.62NATO arms (M14 and M60), I'd say the Black Rifle alone killed a couple hundred thousand enemy. Factoring out air and artillery and 7.62 in the GWOT do you guys really think we deep-sixed several hundred thousand with the M4A1 alone?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 08-14-23 at 08:15.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is no way the M4 has killed more people than the M16. Remember for a good part of the beginning of GWOT the USMC primarily used the M16 as well as several units in the Army.

I think what he means by the "deadliest" is it's capabilities, not exactly the actual numbers of E-KIA.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    There is no way the M4 has killed more people than the M16. Remember for a good part of the beginning of GWOT the USMC primarily used the M16 as well as several units in the Army.

I think what he means by the "deadliest" is it's capabilities, not exactly the actual numbers of E-KIA.
    Valid point, didn't think of it that way. If you factor in M855A1 ammunition then I would agree it is "deadlier" (more lethal?) than the M16/A1/A4 with either M193 or M855.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Easily. Not to even get into civilian law enforcement using it for a good 10 as well. It is just around more, used more, and made better, fielded by better troops.
    "It is only the warrior who chooses pacifism. All others are condemned to it."

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."
    Dangerous Freedom over Peaceful Slavery.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast