Thread: Opinions on the SIG Spear 5.56?

Feedback Score

Opinions on the SIG Spear 5.56?

Local gun shop has one for $2765. It appears to be a slightly upgraded MCX (?). A bit steep for what it is IMHO. Perhaps the attraction is it is the same gun as the .277 Fury model SOCOM is ostensibly getting except for the caliber of course.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I know a couple guys with the MCX that really like them. Ive shot a few rounds through the MCX and they ran well.

The SPEAR LT is supposed to be an upgraded and lighter version. I held one at a local shop and it definitely is lighter than it looks.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I know a couple guys with the MCX that really like them. Ive shot a few rounds through the MCX and they ran well.

The SPEAR LT is supposed to be an upgraded and lighter version. I held one at a local shop and it definitely is lighter than it looks.
    Yeah and the handguard isn't that oversized abomination like on the MCX.....much slimmer.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I couldn’t justify the Spear LT given the pricing and the legacy MCX being so good and going for only $1,500 shipped. But then I held one for the first time at a local shop yesterday and it was really nice. So I bought a used one for $2k shipped. The price still hurts because I think it’s only worth about $300 over the gen 1 to me.
    Last edited by OhThatGuy; 08-13-23 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Local gun shop has one for $2765. It appears to be a slightly upgraded MCX (?). A bit steep for what it is IMHO. Perhaps the attraction is it is the same gun as the .277 Fury model SOCOM is ostensibly getting except for the caliber of course.
    It wasn't very accurate in the beginning but I cut it down to 14" crowned it 11* and pinned a Surefire Warcomp to bring it to a legal 16". Now it will do 1/2-5/8 at 100 with 77TMKs, 69s and a touch larger with 62gr Gold Dots.