Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enough polktics for a minute, Remington 700 question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I briefly browsed through Magpul's site but didn't see a mag well offered for a Remington 700......so I'm not sure what you're actually asking.
    https://magpul.com/bolt-action-magaz...obal_color=118
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I looked again, and didn’t find it. I guess they don’t want to sell many of them directly.

This product seems to be bottom metal for their Bunter stock, not for a factory Remington 700 BDL stock.

If you have a Magpul Hunter stock, it should be easy. If you have factory 700 BDL stock, then my precious comment stands.

Feedback Score
    I looked again, and didn’t find it. I guess they don’t want to sell many of them directly.

This product seems to be bottom metal for their Bunter stock, not for a factory Remington 700 BDL stock.

If you have a Magpul Hunter stock, it should be easy. If you have factory 700 BDL stock, then my precious comment stands.
    Yes it is made for their Hunter stock but its commonly used on Remington synthetic stocks with modifacation.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I certainly wouldn't spend the money on good bottom metal for a Remington factory stock in synthetic or wood. I don't consider Magpul's product in this category. I also wouldn't pay a gunsmith what they'd likely charge to inlet a factory Remington stock, so I'd either do it myself, no matter now long it takes (highly unlikely).

Buying a KRG Bravo chassis is a much smarter solution.
    Last edited by grizzman; 08-18-23 at 17:32.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I certainly wouldn't spend the money on good bottom metal for a Remington factory stock in synthetic or wood. I don't consider Magpul's products in this category. I also wouldn't pay a gunsmith what they'd likely charge to inlet a factory Remington stock, so I'd either do it myself, no matter now long it takes (highly unlikely).

Buying a KRG Bravo chassis is a much smarter solution.
    Great ideal! I had a KRG for my Rem 5R and loved it. I then bought an MDT for my Tikka and I loved that more, LOL When you have the 2 side by side, they are almost identical but something about the MDT fits me better. Anyways the bonus of the MDT and the KRG is they both take ACS mags. I'm not sure about the KRG mags but the MDT/polymer mags seem like they are designed for a better OAL of the cartridge, at least the ones for the 223 are. As stated above I wouldn't inlet or mess with a standard Rem stock, I would buy once cry once and get one of the stocks mentioned and be ready for mag changes from the get go! 5R on the left in the KRG,MDT on the right with my Tikka in it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had forgotten about the MDT. It’s definitely another solid option.

Feedback Score
    Like others have said, the trigger will be easy, and +1 on just getting a KRG Bravo chassis. I've had them on a few long range rifles and they are a quality option that will allow you to run mags, give you QD cups, and have better adjustability etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbiggun42 View Post
    Moderators feel free to move this if you want

I have a Remington model 700 BDL with a longrange stock.
    When you say "long range stock" what does that mean/look like? What is the stock? If it is not a Magpul then their bottom metal will not work. They are designed specifically for the Magpul R700 stocks. If you have a Magpul, they are very easy to install and no gunsmith is required. You could of course use one if you really wanted, but there is no need. They are a drop in piece..... provided you are using a Magpul stock.

Trigger install is also something you do not technically need a gunsmith for if you are using a drop in such as a Timney or similar. Again, you could use a gunsmith if you really want, but it is just a matter of carefully drifting two pins out of the way, current trigger drops out, new one replaces it and then you gently tap the pins back into place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12