Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: These budget optics are becoming combat proven in Ukraine - article

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

These budget optics are becoming combat proven in Ukraine - article

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    It seems that days of "aimpoint and eotech are reliable, and everything else is shit" are pretty much over.

It's good to see other companies putting out quality sight options, and there are a lot of pretty solid torture tests of many of these optics. It seems Holosun in particular has upped their game and is gaining a reputation from end users as being reliable and durable optics. I've replaced most of my Trijicon RMR pistol dots with Holosun pistol dots, and abused them for years now and trust my life to them.

I also have sights from Eotech, Aimpoint, and others, but have never had an issue with the other brands like Sig, Vortex, and Holosun, etc., so not surprised they are being fielded in harsh environments with good results.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I also have sights from Eotech, Aimpoint, and others, but have never had an issue with the other brands like Sig, Vortex, and Holosun, etc., so not surprised they are being fielded in harsh environments with good results.
    Same here. I have holosun and Sig sights as well as Aimpoint and Eotech. I'm sure that there's quantifiable differences in materials and construction, but the practical use of the cheaper red dots hasn't shown me any shortcomings yet.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The only time I've noticed holosun being lesser than eo tech is under night vision, but that's a very limited niche. Mark I think you said you see the comet with aimpoints, I do as well but haven't noticed it with the circle dot reticle on holosun

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So I just to check these optics out and they are still like 400$. Did I miss something. I was figuring more like 100-200$

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    So I just to check these optics out and they are still like 400$. Did I miss something. I was figuring more like 100-200$
    When compared to an Aimpoint T2 or M5 being roughly $800 plus or minus, still a good deal, for duty use I'd still go Aimpoint/Eotech for piece of mind, but for most people they'll probably never notice a difference. Even shooting them side by side on the raneg you'll hardly notice a differrnce. I'm sure when it comes to extremes such as functioning in sub zero temps, going through an IED explosion in a vehicle the higher end will have an advantage, of course at that point we're also talking about variables like will the rifle still function, or are you still alive to shoot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    "Quantity has a quality all it's own" I was a big Aimpoint and Trijicon fanboy but that changed a couple of years ago. Nothing is 100% bulletproof, for the money I would rather have 2-3 of an optic that is 90-95% as good as the higher priced item.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Holosun’s rate of improvement is impressive. Even if we say Holosun today lags Aimpoint by 7 years, that means Holosun is already a top notch optics maker.

One caveat is I don’t think I’d buy a new entry by Holosun in the first couple of years. I’d give them some time to work out kinks and manufacturing processes.

I don’t think responses like “if there is a nuclear attack and alien invasion at the same time, Aimpoint will be more reliable,” is a valid retort.
    Last edited by SpecWired; 09-03-23 at 17:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here. I have holosun and Sig sights as well as Aimpoint and Eotech. I'm sure that there's quantifiable differences in materials and construction, but the practical use of the cheaper red dots hasn't shown me any shortcomings yet.
    I couldn't have said it better, I've got a Primary Arms Red Dot from 2015 that outlasted an MRO and 2 Eotech's, it's got shake awake technology and while I replace the battery every year I know it can go a lot longer than that. I still have Aimpoints that never ever had an issue, but as I have evolved as a shooter and gone mainly to magnified optics on my ARs, as far as setting up a PCC or even my son's 10/22 Holosun, Primary Arms and Vortex for a red dot seem to be the "easy button", I don't have much experience with SIG optics, but hear good things, as with everything SIG, it seems to be just 20% over priced off the bat and that's what has kept me away.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast