Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What A5 buffer system to buy?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I’ve used A5 tubes from BCM, Vltor, Magpul and FCD, all have worked fine. I stick with a Sprinco Green spring and A5H2 buffer from Vltor. I’ve not yet tried BCM buffers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have two of the BCM A5 tubes [they call it something else]. I bought the blemished version for less than full price. I like them enough to have two, I built one up from scratch with the A5 and thought enough of them to upgrade another. One of my uppers is very overgassed so I have the BCM #4 buffer with a Geissele super 42 rifle spring which has tamed it to 3:00 ejection from 12:30...

Feedback Score
    The only caveat I would add is if you are running suppressed. Depending on port size you might want to up the buffer weight. Mostly a fine tuning concern. Not like its not going to run with the A5H2 but it might run better with the A5H3. Keep in mind the A5H2 is roughly 5.3 oz which is the same, I believe, as a plain jane H3. Just more spring behind it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks Guys for the insight, looking forward to getting it set up and seeing if I can feel any difference.

Don't think my current set up is too over gassed but I haven't shot may others to compare it to.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    BCM 14.5 ELW.
    M193 and IMI 77gr.
    Unsuppressed.

MK2 Recoil Mitigation System has a selection of different buffers. Which one would be the best for the above? T1, or T2... or? I contacted BCM a couple months ago but the answer was basically try different buffers till you get the right one. Yeah ok... but at $40 and higher I'd like to start with the most likely candidate.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would start with an H2 if you are talking the A5 system. It works with everything I shoot.

ETA: I have that setup in 10.4" to 20" rifles and I shoot mainly 77gr hand loads. But I have also shot a fair bit of 55gr 193 as well as hand loads. I have one 18" rifle with the green spring for testing that I've not yet gotten out to test with so nearly all of mine use the VLTOR spring and 7 position RE.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 01-05-24 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    I just got one of the BCM A5 compatible buffer tubes. From reading here it seems the A5H2 with green Springco spring is a popular set up? I know it's hard to say unless you know the rifle set up... but is this a good place to start?

Currently has a BA Hanson 10.3 barrel and a ST-T2 that's been in my rifle the last 13 years or so. Guessing I could start with the A5H2and see how it runs?
    Yes this is a great set up.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    BCM 14.5 ELW.
    M193 and IMI 77gr.
    Unsuppressed.

MK2 Recoil Mitigation System has a selection of different buffers. Which one would be the best for the above? T1, or T2... or? I contacted BCM a couple months ago but the answer was basically try different buffers till you get the right one. Yeah ok... but at $40 and higher I'd like to start with the most likely candidate.
    I'd start with as close to original rifle buffer weight as possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Just installed bcm version with their spring and t1 buffer(h2). No issues.
    Last edited by jnr4817; 01-06-24 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    Bkings firearms now sells an A5 system branded by them. Might be a solid choice to save some money.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123