Thread: Adams Arms P1 11.5" "factory" SBR

Feedback Score

Adams Arms P1 11.5" "factory" SBR

I bought a 11.5" Adams Arms AR15 piston driven pistol last year for $600. I wouldn't have spent the $200 for a stamp and $35 for engraving to SBR it, but big brother somehow figured out that it was an SBR all along. Fortunately, he was benevolent enough to allow me to amnesty register it instead of kicking in the door and shooting my dog. Given that I'm well in to the NFA game, one more isn't going to put me more on the radar than I already am. After waiting over five months for approval, I received the approved stampless Form 1 yesterday. I slapped a regular AR15 receiver extension and carbine stock on it today. Since it doesn't have to be engraved with my information, it's basically like a factory SBR. I've never seen an Adams Arms factory SBR offered for sale before. Perhaps I'm the only one in the country with one. Given the rarity, I might have to list this thing on GunBroker with a $50,000 start.

Feedback Score
    I took it to my range today to test fire it and sight it in with a Mepro red dot that came with another rifle that I purchased. It ate 100rds of Fiocchi 223Rem 55gr FMJ and 30rds of IMI M193 55gr FMJ without issue. The Fiocchi ejected to a nice pile about 6' away at 3:00 and the IMI ejected to a nice pile about 6' away to 2:00. There's nothing else really to report. My cheapest SBR is just boringly reliable.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How did the ATF approach you and how in the world were they nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    How did the ATF approach you and how in the world were they nice.

PB
    Not the OP, and I'll delete if out of line, but he likely purchased in a pistol configuration, and since the ATF recategorized the braces as defacto SBRs, he was inclined to accept their "amnesty" and legally declare it an SBR without the cost of $200.
    Last edited by Vgex2; 10-22-23 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    Vgex2, you are correct. PB, I sometimes overuse sarcasm. Sorry about that.

I think that I'll put the upper on my M16 and see if it will run.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the same upper on my amnesty SBR… run it with a Griffin Bushwhacker 46. Zero issues, other than the piston rod bending right out the gate. AA said it was a bad heat treating. Took care of it and has been good since then.