Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Gas Busting Charging Handles

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,319
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0331 View Post
    Happy I didnít pick one of those up. I will stick with my older bcm/vltor one. Like I said I am happy with its performance.
    Definitely keep rocking that. No reason to drop it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

    "The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,264
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anybody try the SilencerCo Gas Defeating Charging Handle (GDCH) yet?

    To me it seems like a good idea on paper. Never seen one in the wild though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    683
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Anybody try the SilencerCo Gas Defeating Charging Handle (GDCH) yet?

    To me it seems like a good idea on paper. Never seen one in the wild though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    TFB did a review on gas busting charging handles. That one did not fair well IIRC. That is the only thing I have ever read/heard on them.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,264
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    TFB did a review on gas busting charging handles. That one did not fair well IIRC. That is the only thing I have ever read/heard on them.
    Thanks, Iíll check it out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    683
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Thanks, I’ll check it out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Happened to be talking with a buddy over the weekend (LGS owner with SOT so he shoots more than a fair amount of full auto suppressed.) He said his issue with the SiCo is it has o rings or grommets on it that wear out and fail. I am not at all familiar with the design and am paraphrasing here.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,302
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I was actually fairly unimpressed with the PRI gasbuster, considering the reputation it carries. You would be better off getting a newer BCM than the PRI, in my limited experience.

    I sold my PRI, if that tells you anything. And that was prior to grabbing a Geissele ACH.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Admitedly, I don't have a lot of experience with multiple brands of gas busting charging handles, but i did switch to the PRI CHs on 3 of my suppressed ARs, and it made a noticeable difference. I've been happy with mine, but maybe i don't know what i'm missing with other options.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,319
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Admitedly, I don't have a lot of experience with multiple brands of gas busting charging handles, but i did switch to the PRI CHs on 3 of my suppressed ARs, and it made a noticeable difference. I've been happy with mine, but maybe i don't know what i'm missing with other options.
    They are definitely better than milsepc, but they are far from the best that is out there right now.

    If you are happy with them, no reason to change.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

    "The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,302
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    They are definitely better than milsepc, but they are far from the best that is out there right now.

    If you are happy with them, no reason to change.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ya, i got them on a sale, so i've been happy, but glad to know there are other options. Are the new BCM ones the best option currently? I do love BCM CHs, and have them on all my non-suppressed guns.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,319
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Ya, i got them on a sale, so i've been happy, but glad to know there are other options. Are the new BCM ones the best option currently? I do love BCM CHs, and have them on all my non-suppressed guns.
    The prior generation BCM CH's are really robust and well made. These new models, I have not touched yet. But they look to be improved, with a specific focus on gas mitigation.

    I dunno how they stack, but it seems that they would be on of the better options, based on the merits of the design (and images).


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

    "The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    683
    Feedback Score
    0
    Had a chance to try a buddy's Radian in my 10.5 colt barreled SBR running a Polonium full size (which is known to be a gassy beotch.) I will say it did make a noticeable difference. I have a BCM 11.5 SBR build that also needs one. I ordered the new gen BCM to try out on that one. Also my Polonium K came in this week so I will try them both with the full size and K version this weekend and see as the K is supposed to have less back pressure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •