Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vortex vs Sig lpvo

Feedback Score

Vortex vs Sig lpvo

Anybody with hands on with Sig 1-10 ffp and Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 ffp? Looking for 1 or 2x to 8 or 10x without a noisy reticle. Illum and vertical tics for comeup, moa, under a thousand bucks..... I hear these have critical eyebox, but I kinda like that. Biggest Q is will they focus at highest mag at 100 so I can see 556 holes in paper? Love my Viper 1-6, but atmospherics must be right to read target. My PA 1-8 won't focus for me past 6 1/2x til 200y....

Thanks for any input
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 08-30-23 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't know about SIG, but I do know you'll be disappointed going from a Viper to a Strike Eagle. Glass quality is way more important than magnification.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Anybody with hands on with Sig 1-10 ffp and Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 ffp? Looking for 1 or 2x to 8 or 10x without a noisy reticle. Illum and vertical tics for comeup, moa, under a thousand bucks..... I hear these have critical eyebox, but I kinda like that. Biggest Q is will they focus at highest mag at 100 so I can see 556 holes in paper? Love my Viper 1-6, but atmospherics must be right to read target. My PA 1-8 won't focus for me past 6 1/2x til 200y....

Thanks for any input
    I've looked through the Sig at the range and the glass was...almost yellow. I was a bit surprised.

Feedback Score
    Was hoping strike eagle glass would now be decent at the same price point as the viper. I could shoot outside nighttime ambient light at home if need be with the viper. Darn.

Have only looked through sfp 1-6 Sigs at the range. Seemed "ok" in the daylight, but the coyote brown did have wierdness at edges the black didn't.....
    Last edited by triggerjerk; 08-30-23 at 09:23.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM516 View Post
    I've looked through the Sig at the range and the glass was...almost yellow. I was a bit surprised.
    When the Tango 6T came out, I looked at a couple, at two stores. I don’t remember what was wrong with the first one, but it had some glaring defect. The second one had a frozen mag ring. I concluded that I should look at buying something else. The Romeo 4t I bought shit the bed on me twice. That accounts for all 3 Sig optics I have touched.

Vortexes tend to work fine, in my experience. Dunno if the model OP is looking at will do what he wants, though.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    When the Tango 6T came out, I looked at a couple, at two stores. I don’t remember what was wrong with the first one, but it had some glaring defect. The second one had a frozen mag ring. I concluded that I should look at buying something else.
    Like other stuff in the Sig catalog, I think it matters which production spec you get. The DOD 6Ts I've seen have been GTG and very usable.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Like other stuff in the Sig catalog, I think it matters which production spec you get. The DOD 6Ts I've seen have been GTG and very usable.
    I’ve heard that. I think maybe I just have terrible luck, or it was a bad omen. Either way, the trust isn’t there for me.

At the very least, Sig should be more transparent when they have different specs. They do this a lot, to varying degrees across several products. Makes them hard to trust.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if the funny sig view could be because of brown inside the brown ones? Or if y'all saw the color in black ones, too...

Reviews have stated tight eye box getting tighter with more magnification for both. Maybe focus also for one of em. I just don't want a repeat of the PA scope fuzziness at high end.

Have a couple of Vortexes and like them. This strike eagle is a 6 or 700 dollar version as opposed to the old 350 dollar ones, but if it ain't clear and focusey....

May just do another 1-6 Viper and deal with it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
    Was hoping strike eagle glass would now be decent at the same price point as the viper. I could shoot outside nighttime ambient light at home if need be with the viper. Darn.
    No time with the Sig LPVO's but the lots with Vortex, if you've already got a Viper the Strike Eagle is going to be a step down for sure, I have a 1-10x Razor and that is awesome on an AR10, but I would go with a Viper 1-6x for an 5.56 AR in a heartbeat, the new PA PLX 1-8x if you can jump up to that $1500 price. And if that's not enough magnification then the 2-10x Trijicon Credo would probably be my next choice.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I looked through some Sig LPVO at a LGS and the glass seemed ok and came with a decent mount and well under $1000. But by now those same optics could made on another planet by Alien Pygmies with recycled coke bottles. My rifle RDS from Sig have been ok, but my pistol RDS have sucked.

I would make sure I got my hands on any sub $1K optic before buying.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast