Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feed Ramp Issue

Feedback Score
    The problem was resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner so I can’t complain. I’ve got a beautiful Centurion CHF 11.5 FBI with 10” C4 Quad in hand I ordered so all is right in my universe.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    This is from the bolt slamming forward causing the rounds to nosedive as they are stripped from the magazine?
    It's just about timing/ bolt speed. The faster the bolt is traveling the narrower the window is for the old round to be fully ejected, and the magazine to lift the new round into position for feeding as the bolt is coming back forward. The faster the bolt speed (shorter gas system cycle faster, add a can it goes faster, etc) the less time the round has to "level out" as it's lifted in the magazine. The faster it cycles, the narrower the window to feed during.

Shorty 1911's suffer from this same problem, which is why officers size guns are commonly more problematic than government sized guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleW View Post
    The problem was resolved to my satisfaction in a timely manner so I can’t complain. I’ve got a beautiful Centurion CHF 11.5 FBI with 10” C4 Quad in hand I ordered so all is right in my universe.
    Congrats, perfect, well done....The End

Feedback Score
    So last night at our monthly training session, my buddy with the same upper except for his is a 10.3, was shooting (suppressed) and had a stoppage. I broke his gun down shortly after and sure enough, exact same feed ramp issue and you could absolutely see where the nose of the round had impacted on the elevated ramp of the extension. Seems to be an issue with this particular company…really starting to look like they don’t inspect anything they send out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123