Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45acp range report

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Thanks. Perhaps I'll try one.

Wouldn't mind having a similar configuration in .40, either. Also hard to find.
    Yea that FN gun came out after 40 lost the caliber war. So it doesn’t exist.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea that FN gun came out after 40 lost the caliber war. So it doesn’t exist.

PB
    I'm liking .40 lately. Smaller frames than 10 mm & .45 double-stack guns but more powerful than 9x19.

It's a very "American" pistol caliber, too.

Feedback Score
    But this is a .45 thread.

The most recent .45 I've bought is a new Beretta Px4. It's okay, not great.

I'd forgotten how slick the frame & slide were on th these. I put rubberized decals on it and that really helps the grip.

I'd hoped to have it cut for an optic, but LTT told me the .45 slide is different than the 9/40 slides that they will cut.

Then I discovered it won't eat my reloads. Not one. It acts like they are too long but they are about minimum OAL as it is. Mixed brass. They range from at minimum to about .005 in more. I'm not shortening them. They work in two other .45's and I have 600 of them or so loaded.

I'll probably end up selling it. With factory ammo it's reliable and accurate.

It does have less recoil than my M&P 2.0 .45. Could be the action but I suspect it's the wider grip of the Px4.
    Last edited by Ron3; 09-05-23 at 13:01.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12