Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: SIG SP2022

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,733
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    I’ve got one that I learned to shoot on…it probably has 20k rounds through it. It sits these days, probably should replace some springs, but it’s been a great gun for the $400 I got it for 15 years ago.

    One big complaint I have is the enormous slide stop/release. Very easy to induce malfunctions with the wrong grip.
    People got so fixated on that "high on the bore axis" doctrine that they started riding their control features. I have a friend who always rides the slide stop on his P226 to the point it filled with gunk and it rarely works.
    Last edited by SteyrAUG; 09-13-23 at 18:14.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Wisco
    Posts
    2,236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    I’ve got one that I learned to shoot on…it probably has 20k rounds through it. It sits these days, probably should replace some springs, but it’s been a great gun for the $400 I got it for 15 years ago.

    One big complaint I have is the enormous slide stop/release. Very easy to induce malfunctions with the wrong grip.
    I had one for 6+ years, I sold it because I shot my striker pistols so much more. It was a great gun, wish I hadn't gotten rid of it
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,725
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    People got so fixated on that "high on the bore axis" doctrine that they started riding their control features. I have a friend who always rides the slide stop on his P226 to the point it filled with gunk and it rarely works.
    Some even say its a design FLAW. I'm not on that wagon. Because I liked SIG P guns, I learned early on how to grip the pistol to avoid not locking the slide. Its not that hard, and CAN help on other pistols (Like FNX which can give safety bite). SIG is almost the only gun that everyone can drop the slide in the fastest manner available - without using the weak hand.

    Bore axis is a canard.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33,733
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Some even say its a design FLAW. I'm not on that wagon. Because I liked SIG P guns, I learned early on how to grip the pistol to avoid not locking the slide. Its not that hard, and CAN help on other pistols (Like FNX which can give safety bite). SIG is almost the only gun that everyone can drop the slide in the fastest manner available - without using the weak hand.

    Bore axis is a canard.
    I've been shooting p226s since 1985 and I've never had it happen.
    It's hard to be a ACLU hating, philosophically Libertarian, socially liberal, fiscally conservative, scientifically grounded, agnostic, porn admiring gun owner who believes in self determination.

    Chuck, we miss ya man.

    كافر

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    965
    Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have a very fat thumb, so it is very easy for it to happen to me. I usually either file down the lever, or use a p224/legion lever. I also have the issue with the 2022, and that is one of the reasons I don't own one, also, with all the p226s and 229s I have, I don't really need one.

    Soli Deo Gloria

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would have no issue toting a SP2022. It's a platform I wish Sig had developed more, but that might have made it worse given Sig's at times spotty QC.. Plus, it's understandable when TDA platforms are not the in thing now for duty use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •