Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon TR24G -SBR

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Trijicon TR24G -SBR

I’ve been seeking a lightweight, simple LPVO to put on a new 12.5” Centurion upper. I have several other RDS options on other carbines but my older eyes are starting to become a thing thus the reason I want an LPVO. I also have a Vortex Razor E 1-6x that I like but it’s heavy for what I want on this setup.

I looked at several options including:

NF NX8
    Vortex Razor
    Steiner
    EoTech Vudu
    Leupold

All very nice but with prices ranging from mid-point to the higher side.

Midway has a great discount on the Trijicon TR24. $750. I went with a plain duplex reticle in green as green seems to do better with my astigmatism.

Yeah, it’s somewhat limited as a 1-4x compared to newer options but I’m looking for a RDS+ option (if that makes sense) that I can adjust diopter to help with aging eyes, especially in low light, and hope for help with astigmatism with the green reticle (dot). And it’s not really intended to be a night gun.

I purchased a Scalarworks 1.93 mount to go with it (also on sale 15% off). Weight wise, optic is 14.4 oz + 5.7 oz for the mount. So not too bad.

I’m excited to give it a try. No buyers remorse at this point and Midway has a great return policy if I don’t like and the $750 sale price was a factor.

Looking at past reviews, seems to be a decent optics but most reviews are 3+ years old.

Anybody running one in 2023 and care to share your thoughts? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 09-14-23 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    This is the AccuPoint right, with the fiber optic band? Not the AccuPower (Credo) with the battery and dial. The AccuPoint works, it's simple, sturdy, clear optic for the money. I had the 4x AccuPower some years ago and that was really great as far as LPVOs go, sold it for a 1-8x because I thought more magnification = more better, but that isn't always the case. Let me know how it goes with your astigmatism, I just place electrical tape over my ACOG to bring down the bloom of the chevron and that works well for me
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’ve got a German #4 I bought with dead tritium, in transit back to me now from Trijicon. Very much looking forward to playing with it myself.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I still use a TR24 on my 12.5” suppressed bug-out gun. The main reason I did not mount my Razor or Triji 1-6 is the reticle. The 1-4 has the red triangle which I consider the next best thing to a red dot. Zeroed to the point @ 100 yds it is adequate to 200+ yds. (Also have one with green triangle on a 16” mil-spec barrel.)

But this is a special purpose gun. For precision shooting I much prefer SS barrels, more magnification and different reticles.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    This is the AccuPoint right, with the fiber optic band?
    Yep, correct. This is the AccuPoint.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’ve got a German #4 I bought with dead tritium, in transit back to me now from Trijicon. Very much looking forward to playing with it myself.
    Mind me asking what Trijicon charged for the replacement? I have an older TA44 that is almost due for a recharge.

I’m traveling all next week but hope to mount and try the new TR24 next weekend.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    Mind me asking what Trijicon charged for the replacement
    $140 all together.

Just got it back. Need to get it outside in some sun.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arptsprt View Post
    I’ve been seeking a lightweight, simple LPVO to put on a new 12.5” Centurion upper. I have several other RDS options on other carbines but my older eyes are starting to become a thing thus the reason I want an LPVO. I also have a Vortex Razor E 1-6x that I like but it’s heavy for what I want on this setup.

I looked at several options including:

NF NX8
    Vortex Razor
    Steiner
    EoTech Vudu
    Leupold

All very nice but with prices ranging from mid-point to the higher side.

Midway has a great discount on the Trijicon TR24. $750. I went with a plain duplex reticle in green as green seems to do better with my astigmatism.

Yeah, it’s somewhat limited as a 1-4x compared to newer options but I’m looking for a RDS+ option (if that makes sense) that I can adjust diopter to help with aging eyes, especially in low light, and hope for help with astigmatism with the green reticle (dot). And it’s not really intended to be a night gun.

I purchased a Scalarworks 1.93 mount to go with it (also on sale 15% off). Weight wise, optic is 14.4 oz + 5.7 oz for the mount. So not too bad.

I’m excited to give it a try. No buyers remorse at this point and Midway has a great return policy if I don’t like and the $750 sale price was a factor.

Looking at past reviews, seems to be a decent optics but most reviews are 3+ years old.

Anybody running one in 2023 and care to share your thoughts? Thanks.

Not running one in 2023 but it was the first LPVO I ever used back in the day. You can't really compare it to any of the newer LPVOs with modern reticles because the reticle differences alone make it an apples to oranges comparison.

The closest comparison to the TR24 series are RDS + Magnifiers. The biggest problem with the old fiber/H3 powered Accupoints is reticle bloom under bright light esp with the triangle reticle, bloom makes the tip really imprecise till you adjust the sunshade other than that the same pros and cons that apply to the RDS + magnifier are the same with the TR24, no reference marks, the triangle and fiber tower makes holdovers really hard since it obscures the target ect.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Not running one in 2023 but it was the first LPVO I ever used back in the day. You can't really compare it to any of the newer LPVOs with modern reticles because the reticle differences alone make it an apples to oranges comparison.

The closest comparison to the TR24 series are RDS + Magnifiers. The biggest problem with the old fiber/H3 powered Accupoints is reticle bloom under bright light esp with the triangle reticle, bloom makes the tip really imprecise till you adjust the sunshade other than that the same pros and cons that apply to the RDS + magnifier are the same with the TR24, no reference marks, the triangle and fiber tower makes holdovers really hard since it obscures the target ect.
    Thanks. Actually the RDSish functionality with a little more gusto is what I’m looking for so this will be interesting. I don’t think I’d like the triangle/post reticle so I went with the more traditional duplex.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    $140 all together.

Just got it back. Need to get it outside in some sun.
    Well that’s not too bad. I was led to believe it was a much more expensive and burdensome process.

Check back in with your thoughts after you play around with yours. I’m curious to hear what you have to say.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    other than that the same pros and cons that apply to the RDS + magnifier are the same with the TR24, no reference marks, the triangle and fiber tower makes holdovers really hard since it obscures the target ect.
    Might sound crazy, but I’ve always wondered if that style reticle would be better upside down. If the triangle and tower were flipped, and you zero’d the tip for 300, using the whole triangle at nearer distances would be on, and fast. Its 4.2 moa tall, so using the center, you’d have a 200yd zero. And the triangle would appear just under a picnic plate tall. When it starts to take up a sizable amount of torso, you know you’re at 300, and start using the tip. Then at 400, using the tip, you hold a foot, and at 500, a yard.

This concept might work better on a KD range with silhouettes than real life, and might not work at all, for all I know. Just a thought experiment. I’ve never bought one because I figured the holdovers would suck.

Edit: like in their logo.
    Last edited by 1168; 09-16-23 at 06:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast